E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

auto problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE-24
auto problem

just had a brand new valve body installed as the auto was bypassing 4th gear and simply going from 3rd-5th(drive).But now that that problem is fixed ,i have detected something that was not their before.On a very light throttle only,the change from 2nd-3rd,produces a slight hesitation,accomanied by a slight rise in revs,yet on a heavier throttle it's totally smooth and normal with no rise in revs,and all other gear changes are also smooth and normal wether on a light or heavy throttle.What might this be? and is it an adjustment issue or something,because as far as i know,the valve body was the only thing thay changed,and it is a brand new one.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE-24
The Beast Is Back

Originally Posted by DIMITRIAR
just had a brand new valve body installed as the auto was bypassing 4th gear and simply going from 3rd-5th(drive).But now that that problem is fixed ,i have detected something that was not their before.On a very light throttle only,the change from 2nd-3rd,produces a slight hesitation,accomanied by a slight rise in revs,yet on a heavier throttle it's totally smooth and normal with no rise in revs,and all other gear changes are also smooth and normal wether on a light or heavy throttle.What might this be? and is it an adjustment issue or something,because as far as i know,the valve body was the only thing thay changed,and it is a brand new one.
well, my original problem is back and i,m looking for any theories and answers. This is really getting me down.For the full story,please refer to the tech talk thread.