E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

W124 Clutch with No Pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 W124 E200 Diesel
W124 Clutch with No Pressure

Hi!
I own a 1993 W124 diesel which I daily drive to work.
On returning one evening the clutch seem to loose pressure where I could not select a gear.
Clutch pedal didn't drop to the floor and always returned to normal position after I depressed it. I also checked the fluid level on the reservoir and it hadn't lost any.
My hunch is the slave cylinder failed.
I ruled out the master cylinder because I replaced it last year when it failed (clutch pedal dropped to the floor that time!) and put new washers on the slave cylinder.
I'm hoping to get an idea of what is exactly wrong with my car.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2021, 05:33 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
mercedes w123 260e
Kavin Check both the master cylinder,, and the slave cylinder,, for fluid leaking out . But it looks like the slave cylinder seals have failed ,,If your lucky you might be able to get the replacment seal kit for the slave cylinder to replace them inside . Also check inside the car for fluid under the clutch pedal slave cylinder is bolted to the clutch housing under the car.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 W124 E200 Diesel
Originally Posted by Trevor Hadley
Kavin Check both the master cylinder,, and the slave cylinder,, for fluid leaking out . But it looks like the slave cylinder seals have failed ,,If your lucky you might be able to get the replacment seal kit for the slave cylinder to replace them inside . Also check inside the car for fluid under the clutch pedal slave cylinder is bolted to the clutch housing under the car.
Hi Trevor
I checked for leaks, both in the car (master cylinder) and under the car (slave cylinder near the bell housing) but could not find any leaks. Fluid level remains the same.
Hope this information helps to narrow down the culprit.
Thanks again.