E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

W124 E220 long cranking and engine shaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 11:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w124 e220
W124 E220 long cranking and engine shaking

Hello. My vehicle Mercedes Benz W124 E220 M111.960 engine and has a HFM brain and MAF sensor. I disassembled my car's intake manifold to clean it, cleaned everything and replaced the gaskets and o-rings and got my car back together, but the car didn't start. I tried 15-20 times but it didn't work, the battery got weak. Then I tried to start the vehicle by boosting, but it still didn't work. When I checked later, I realized that I had incorrectly connected the cables coming from the HFM brain to my coil cables. I incorrectly connected the signals going to coil 1 and 2 instead of each other, then I fixed it. The tool worked albeit hard and I've been using it for about 2 months. However, after these procedures, my vehicle started to work hard enough to crank for 5-10 seconds in the morning. Even though I bought new coils injectors, petrol pump, MAF sensor, spark plug wires, spark plug, electrical wiring, coolant temperature sensor, it still works late and it didn't fully recover. Sometimes it fixes itself, I use it for a few days without any problems, but then again one morning when I get on it, the starter turns for a long time and works hard. And when I use this vehicle after hard work, the engine shakes, shakes, vibrates during the day, and there is a loss of power, especially at idle. When I make a fault reading with the diagnostic device, there is no error code, the brain comes out clean. What do you think is my problem, maybe the transistors that manage the ignition in the HFM brain have been damaged? Is there anyone among us who can give an idea about my problem or have the same problem and solved it?

Last edited by cemarmutcu; 03-16-2023 at 08:38 AM. Reason: I wrote the same thing twice and deleted the excess.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w124 e220
Anybody no idea? Realy?