E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

I NEED HELP! Clear corners keep falling off!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 Mercedes Benz 300E
I NEED HELP! Clear corners keep falling off!!!

Okay here's my story. A long long time ago, I ordered some clear corner lenses for my 1989 Mercedes 300E. I tried to take off my amder stock corners but unfortunately I broke one of the clips holding it in on the left side. Now, I had to install the corners or else I would have a empty hole there. Anyways, I tried putting the clear corner lenses on but I noticed they didn't fit perfectly into my car. It would hold a tiny bit but if you budge it, it would slide and pop right off.

I had too keep those on because I broke the stock amber lense clip. For the first few days, they unbelievably stayed on and I was happy until I noticed someone pointing at my lights when I was at a stoplight. I pulled over and there I find the left side clear lense nowhere to be seen. The light connector was just hanging helplessly out of its socket.

Immediately when I got home, I ordered another pair of clear corners but it also came with amber bulbs for each side to make it street legal. I decided to replace the stock clear bulbs with the amber bulbs and then this happened....

After replacing the bulbs with the amber bulbs, my lights were all messed up. When I turn on my headlights, all the lights work except my left corner bulb. But then when I try the turn signals, the right and left side work fine. It seems the left corner bulb only works when the left turn signal is on(weird). I don't know if it is the bulb or what but I changeds it back to my stock bulbs and then I get the same thing.

I tried to put in the new corners hoping it would fit perfectly, but still it fit better but not to exact precision. I jammed those babys in there. I left it there being the dumbas I am thinking..."What are the odds of that happening to me again?". Then the VERY NEXT DAY, when arriving to school, i lean over to look at my lights and then left side again had fallen off. This is when I get really pissed!!!!

SO MY FINAL QUESTION IS, WHERE CAN I HAVE ACTUAL CORNERS THAT WILL FIT MY CORNER LIGHT LENSE SLOTS AND WHERE CAN I PURCHASE CORNER LIGHT BULBS THAT WILL ACTUALLY WORK?

-Thanks guys for reading this long post.... -Mercedes 300e
Old 12-01-2004, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML320, 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4x4
I had the same issue with my 300E and used double sided tape to hold the corner light in instead of buying a whole new unit just to get the plastic clip. It has held with no issues and I placed the tape far enough in that you can't see it.