E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Need a 300E wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 300 TE
Need a 300E wiring diagram

300TE has been blowing a C fuse intermittently which includes central locking, tailgate locking mechanism, electric antenae and a few other things. Discovered that there seems to be constant electric current there which is strange for the equipment that is attached. Possibly the immobiliser and alarm system has been wired on the same circuit.

Anyhow I really messed things up by trying to put a higher AMP fuse in to see what will happen , and yes it did, it caused a major short, lots of smoke etc. Seems to have affected the circuit with number 7 fuse. Now I am trying to isolate the join.

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram on the net?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Les 300TE
300TE has been blowing a C fuse intermittently which includes central locking, tailgate locking mechanism, electric antenae and a few other things. Discovered that there seems to be constant electric current there which is strange for the equipment that is attached. Possibly the immobiliser and alarm system has been wired on the same circuit.

Anyhow I really messed things up by trying to put a higher AMP fuse in to see what will happen , and yes it did, it caused a major short, lots of smoke etc. Seems to have affected the circuit with number 7 fuse. Now I am trying to isolate the join.

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram on the net?
It would be something any Mercedes dealer can lookup in WIS.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:20 PM

Mercedes Benz
Those electric antennae are notorious for blowing fuses. Seen it happen far too often.
I´d start with disconnecting it and see if things start brightening up..
Old 01-20-2005, 03:23 PM

1993 300 TE
Angry

Guess what. After doing a lot of digging I have discovered the short burnt a lot of wiring behind the dash and in the roof lining all the way to the back. In fact the wiring had burnt onto the lining and could have caught alight!!! The car is at an auto-electrician getting fixed at great expense. Thanks for the responses.