E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Antenna Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2005 | 06:30 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Antenna Help

Some little ***** awhile back during school broke off my upper Antenna seal and water got into the antenna and now it doesnt work. So what I am asking is for any help/instructions on how I can remove the interior trunk panels and get to the antenna itself. I'm possibly going to remove it completely since I don't listen to the radio and seal off the hole.

Does anyone remember a post awhile back. someone posted a link of a guy who had step by step instructions to fixed a jammed antenna motor. I can't seem to find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2005 | 01:56 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Nevermind. I found the link.

http://www.davebarnhart.com/mb300e/antenna.htm

Incase anyone wanted it. Also, I still need help trying to take out the interior panels or...should I say carpet for that matter. Can anyone find out anything?
Old 01-25-2005 | 08:50 PM

2001 c320 - 2002 ml55 - 2011 c300 - 2014 slk350 - 2015 cla45
Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Nevermind. I found the link.

http://www.davebarnhart.com/mb300e/antenna.htm

Incase anyone wanted it. Also, I still need help trying to take out the interior panels or...should I say carpet for that matter. Can anyone find out anything?
just tug on it... (your talking about the carpet thats inside the trunk along the back fender, right?)........ well thats what i did when i had to look for the 10 pin cable for my cd changer... there should be three individual panels total... if you want to remove them all you have to start from the drivers side.... then remove the middle (behind backseat)... then on to the passenger side.... there is no adhesive or locking system that ties them down or together...

-good luck
carino
Old 01-25-2005 | 10:52 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Originally Posted by CharlesCarino
just tug on it... (your talking about the carpet thats inside the trunk along the back fender, right?)........ well thats what i did when i had to look for the 10 pin cable for my cd changer... there should be three individual panels total... if you want to remove them all you have to start from the drivers side.... then remove the middle (behind backseat)... then on to the passenger side.... there is no adhesive or locking system that ties them down or together...

-good luck
carino
Thanks, but I already figured it out two days ago. It was easier than I thought. I thought there would be a few pins, adhesive and what not holding the carpet to the fender. Now I'm just wondering how I am going to go about installing the Antenna upper and lower seals and the new antenna itself. Does anyone know how much those seals go for? Might need to order it soon since the rain is coming back and I have a inch hole in my fender now. All I have covering it is a plastic piece and tape. haha
Old 01-26-2005 | 01:09 AM

1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
seals should not bee very expensive.

Check with your local dealer.

Ashman