E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Anyone interest in my projector headlight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Anyone interest in my projector headlight

I am thinking of next project for my headlight, but to do that, I will have to sell my current headlight.

It's a Depo headlight, with xpel 3M film projective ($50 part + $50 labor), it has the famous Audi RS6 bi-xenon projector retrofitted into it, with washer mod to give awesome light output. Notice that only the 2004 Audi A6 and RS6 use this type of projector, other A6 model use the lesser model of single xenon.

It's probably brighter and produce better light than most, if not all Mercedes out there, by a long shot. The xenon projectors being used on all mercedes models (even AMG) are nowhere in the same league as Audi or Acura. Those who have seen my car, you know what I mean. I've encounter quite a few Bens who ran along to check or compare their light to mine . If anyone doing a search on hid forum, you'll see that the xenon projector from Mercedes capture much less than those from Audi or Acura.

Highbeam is awesome: combination of bi-xenon and halogen highbeam, as bright as you can imagine

Ballast and xenon bulb are not included. But if you want to, I can help buy a set and put them on for you.

I spent countless number of hour to get the light to this superior level, so I wouldn't even bother to counter labor cost, I just want to see if I can get some reasonable money for the headlight. If I do, then I'll move into my next project.

Btw, this's for 96-99 model, and I prefer SoCal local pick-up, kind of tire w/ this kind of shipping.

So again, just a feeler, to see if it's worthy to move on next light project
Old 04-26-2005, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Zam can you sell it to me and fit it into a 2000-2002 headlight projector for me? If so I'll take it!!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zam i will buy them from you. But my model is year 2000.

how much would it cost?

ohh yeah by the way i've send you a private message couple of days ago, Regarding shipping prices to my country. Could u use the audi A6 projector instead? please reply. Tq.

i'm still interested for you to retrofit the headlamp for me.

Regards,
Simon Low
Old 04-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550
i will buy it if the price is right pm me

i have a 98 e320
Old 04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you have model year 2000 or later, it won't fit in nicely.

Though look similar, the mouting point and shape are a bit different.

Simonlow: Yes, I got your msg. I am waiting on AutoDynamic answer on whether they can provide me with a set of LHD headlight (as I remmember last time I stopped by Malaysia). Projector for LHD and RHD are different (in shield), and you can't use one for another, since it'll blind drive in opposite direction.

If I can't get a LHD headlight, I will have to look for one (UK market, probably via Ebay), and start the work for you. Then I will check shipping cost and let you know.

Originally Posted by The Doctor
Zam can you sell it to me and fit it into a 2000-2002 headlight projector for me? If so I'll take it!!!!!

Last edited by zam2000; 04-26-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
aww well damn then. Plan #2 it is then! It's in your pm
Old 04-28-2005, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now that I think about it, if my projector go well, I might just want to sell the whole set (ballast & bulb included). So it's truely plug and play. This what I paid for the part:

- Depo headlight: $430 (well, price has gone down a bit since, I jumped on it the moment it came out)
- Audi RS6 bi-xenon projector: $220
- Philips D2S bulb: $70
- Xpel film protector: $50 part, $40 labor for shop to put on
- Acura TL ballast: $200

The light output is simply second to none, beat any OEM xenon Mercedes/BMW out there. The RS6 bi-xenon is a cool feature, added with halogen highbeam, you get blast light

Let's not discuss the labor here, since then it would not make sense to me at all . Make me an offer (PM or email me at hhbk@yahoo.com). Chance is, I will not sell it for anywhere less than our forum fellow pay to have the Depo w/ xenon retrofit.

If you in SoCal, I can even install it for you. (free, of course)

The only catch ? I will not finish my project til two weeks from now. By then, then it's a sure sell or not. But again, I'm not asking anyone to pay up front and flip later.

So anyway, just PM or email me. Again, 96-99 model year only.

Originally Posted by TruE320Ridah14
i will buy it if the price is right pm me

i have a 98 e320

Last edited by zam2000; 04-28-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mikey

There's a guy who ask if I want a pair of RS6 ECE (European model). As you probably know, the ECE is even brighter and sharper.

Mine is a DOT version, and already good.

Will keep you updated

Originally Posted by The Doctor
aww well damn then. Plan #2 it is then! It's in your pm