E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Detailed instructions on removing center console (W210)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Detailed instructions on removing center console (W210)

Hi there folks.
Right, I'm calling on the collective knowledge of this forum for a major task! Well it is for me! I have just purchased a 1999 E320 W210 Mercedes and it has a phone holder attached to the center console. Now luckily it has not been screwed to the outside of the console but it has been secured inside as not to leave any screw marks outside. Now the question: How do you remove the center console in order to remove the holder?

It is currently attached to the inside side anel of the center console. It is a right hand drive car and the phone holder is attached to the left hand side. It is inline with the radio on the left hand side and is secured from inside. Doy ou have to remove the ashtray, then the center wood with the AC controls on in order to get at it?? If so, how do you remove the wood??

If anyone can help me here with detailed instructions, as I have been unable to find anything on the internet for it! Hope you can help me out!!

Kind Regards

Gary
Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
This site may help you....Its the same as the factory techs use
Step by Step

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/
Old 05-20-2005, 02:48 PM

Cheers Mark. I'll take a look and see what I can find!

gary
Old 05-20-2005, 04:43 PM

'03 BMW X5 4.6is, '06 E350
Originally Posted by hondarun
Cheers Mark. I'll take a look and see what I can find!

gary
But don't you have to pay for a subscription to use it?
I use this site, it's very easy (from watching the video).
http://www.edsoto.com/w210/disassembly_interior.htm
Old 05-20-2005, 04:47 PM

'03 BMW X5 4.6is, '06 E350
Originally Posted by hondarun
Hi there folks.
Right, I'm calling on the collective knowledge of this forum for a major task! Well it is for me! I have just purchased a 1999 E320 W210 Mercedes and it has a phone holder attached to the center console. Now luckily it has not been screwed to the outside of the console but it has been secured inside as not to leave any screw marks outside. Now the question: How do you remove the center console in order to remove the holder?

It is currently attached to the inside side anel of the center console. It is a right hand drive car and the phone holder is attached to the left hand side. It is inline with the radio on the left hand side and is secured from inside. Doy ou have to remove the ashtray, then the center wood with the AC controls on in order to get at it?? If so, how do you remove the wood??

If anyone can help me here with detailed instructions, as I have been unable to find anything on the internet for it! Hope you can help me out!!

Kind Regards

Gary
You first have to remove the center console where the gear shifter is. Then, unscrew 2 screws and remove the ashtray. Then pull out the storage bin (if you don't have NAV). Then remove the radio and A/C controls. Then remove the wood panel and you should be able to remove the phone holder.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:50 PM

Cheers for the new link. I did notice that they wanted a subscription!! Anyway the videos and that site are exceptionally useful! will give it ago on tuesday , which is my next free day and will let you know how it goes but from watching the videos it shouldnt take me more htne 30 minutes!! cheers again!!
gaz