E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Two Thumbs up to Universal Underwriters aftermarket warranty!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E430 4matic
Thumbs up Two Thumbs up to Universal Underwriters aftermarket warranty!!

Just got my car back from the dealer, fixed the window regulator, instrument digital cluster, squeaky steering (temp fix), bad speedo, and headlite. Total bill was $1300, Universal underwriters was awesome to deal with, they paid for all the repairs, total out of my pocket was $106, so, anyone lookin for an aftermarket warantee company, i give them two solid thumbs up!!
Old 09-16-2005, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
what's the price for your warranty and what's the contact info?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S-550, 2001 E-430 & 1997 E-420
Exclamation Please give me contact information

Can you please give me your warranty company contact information. I am buying 2001 S500 very soon , and I will need some kind of warrenty.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:53 PM

Cool Found the contact information

Vehicle Service Contracts
Vehicle service contract claims hotline: 800 643-9059

Claims office hours: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm M-F, central time.
(To report a claim or get additional contract information or information on your benefits.)

See below, How are claims handled? for an outline of the claims process, address and fax number.

Towing and emergency roadside assistance: 800 831-6870
Call the 24-hour toll free number at 800 831-6870 for service. Instructions for using roadside assistance.

About our vehicle service contracts
With the protection of a Complete Care® vehicle service contract, you pay only a small deductible for a covered repair.

Benefits to you:
Flexible options for payment and level of coverage.
Additional protection – a service contract covers parts and labor costs to repair or replace major component parts.
Higher resale value – your vehicle service contract may be transferred to the next owner of your vehicle for a better sale price.
Nationwide acceptance – you can have your vehicle repaired in your hometown or while you’re away from home with nationwide acceptance.

Levels of coverage
You can choose from four levels of coverage. (See your service contract for complete details of these coverages.) All four levels below include rental reimbursement, trip interruption, and towing and emergency roadside assistance. Coverage is for factory-installed parts.

Powertrain
Standard:
Preferred
Comprehensive

Where to buy
We sell our vehicle service contracts only through participating auto dealers. Ask your dealer about it.

Where to get your vehicle repaired
You can take your vehicle to any dealership or state-licensed repair facility. They can call us to verify coverage. If our portion of the repairs costs more than your deductible we can pay the repair facility with our corporate credit card. That way the shop gets paid quickly.

How are claims handled? How does the work get approved and paid for?

It works like this:
Return your vehicle to the place where you bought it, or –
If that’s not possible, take it to a licensed repair facility and show them your Vehicle Service Contract Identification Card.
Authorize any charges needed to determine the cause of failure.
The repair facility must call us with a diagnosis and receive an authorization for covered repairs. The number they call is 800 643-9059. (Should an emergency occur which requires a mechanical-breakdown repair be made at a time when our office is closed, you must call us no later than the next business day to determine if such repair will be covered by the contract.)
Pay deductible and any non-covered expenses.
Once repairs are completed, send a copy of the invoice/repair order to us by mail or fax here:
Mail to: Universal Underwriters Group, P. O. Box 7943, Shawnee Mission, KS 66207-0943
Fax to: 913 664-4100

You didn’t receive, or lost, your contract booklet, ID card, or maintenance coupons?
Call Customer Service toll free: 888 835-5063. (This number is not for claims.) Customer Service office hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F, central time.

You have a vehicle service contract with us and want to sell the car?
You have two options:

1) Transfer
If you are the original owner of the contract, you can add value to your car with a transfer of the contract to the new owner of the car. In order to transfer a contract, you must provide us with the following:

1. Copies of the receipts for required maintenance and servicing of your vehicle.
2. A notarized copy of the documentation evidencing change of the title and odometer reading at time of transfer.
3. A completed transfer form (pdf format).
4. A check made payable to Universal Underwriters Service Corporation in the amount of $50.
5. Mail to:

Universal Underwriters Group
7045 College Blvd.
Overland Park, Kansas 66211

Note: Transferred contracts are non-cancelable. Transfer fee does not apply if originally purchased in NH.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the review. I wish you were here before I signed up with Continental warranty! ( by the way do NOT do business with these guys!)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 Lunar Blue GL550, 06 Imola Red BMW X5 4.8is, 04 Gold Honda Ody
http://www.universalunderwriters.com/
Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by hadam
Can you please give me your warranty company contact information. I am buying 2001 S500 very soon , and I will need some kind of warrenty.

Thanks in advance for your help.
What the hell, you're in SAnta Maria? I live in AG!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:05 AM

Thumbs up Good to hear from AG

The Godfather, I believe I have seen your car in the Costco parking lot in Santa Maria.

Good to know some one from Central Coast of California is on this Forum.

Keep in touch. my email is hadam@verizon.net
Old 09-17-2005, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by hadam
The Godfather, I believe I have seen your car in the Costco parking lot in Santa Maria.

Good to know some one from Central Coast of California is on this Forum.

Keep in touch. my email is hadam@verizon.net
IT's because that's where I take my pics lol. This is In n Out in the background
Old 09-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Almost a Member!

02 E55
My W210 is about to go out of warranty, can I purchase this coverage through my local stealership even if I did not buy the car from them?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM

silverado
look around first

i have an extended warrenty on my '06 silverado, i took it in the shop last week cause it wouldn't shift, i could put it in park, neutral, and reverse, but while in drive it would not shift. my dealership said it was the shift solenoid and they fixed it, the warrenty cpvered it, i just had to pay my $100 deductible. that friday on my way to work it did the same thing, so i took it back to the shop and they started working on it, i got a call the following tuesday saying it was done, they had to replace the valve body in the transmission that held the shift solenoids, i got to the shop where they told me i had to pay another deductible, because the adjuster felt it was two seperate incidents. for the most part they have been good to me, i have definatly gotten my money's worth out of them, but this incedent i find pathetic.

i have noticed alot of people have had problems with the adjusters, i really dont think i would get another warrenty through them, they have alot of bad reviews and i haven't had pleasent times with them recently.