E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Scored a set of multicontour heated front seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'00 E430, '83 Porsche 928S
Scored a set of multicontour heated front seats

Alright everyone, I need a little help. I recently got lucky and found a set of heated contour seats on Ebay that were local. I got a great deal and I have picked them up. they came out of a 2002 E430. I am installing them in my 2000 E430. The seat motor hook-ups were pretty straight forward.

Does anyone know where the vacuum lines run from for the bladder system for the multi-contour option. I have read that it comes from the central locking pump, but I need a little guidance. It looks like a few psi and a check valve is all it would take.
I also need to know if the wiring for the heated seats are in the harness or do I have to add controls for the heated option. Any help with info on the harness or the functions of the 4-pronged plug would be appreciated.

When I am done, I will have a pristine ful set of JAVA seats (front and back) that I will be looking to sell to recoup my investment on the contour seats.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2005, 08:37 PM

Any help out there. There is an open port on the pneumatic pump, but do I need to get the dealer to reprogram the CAN BUS?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
can programming is not necessary for the pump. Did you get the pump harness?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by Ala-benz
Alright everyone, I need a little help. I recently got lucky and found a set of heated contour seats on Ebay that were local. I got a great deal and I have picked them up. they came out of a 2002 E430. I am installing them in my 2000 E430. The seat motor hook-ups were pretty straight forward.

Does anyone know where the vacuum lines run from for the bladder system for the multi-contour option. I have read that it comes from the central locking pump, but I need a little guidance. It looks like a few psi and a check valve is all it would take.
I also need to know if the wiring for the heated seats are in the harness or do I have to add controls for the heated option. Any help with info on the harness or the functions of the 4-pronged plug would be appreciated.

When I am done, I will have a pristine ful set of JAVA seats (front and back) that I will be looking to sell to recoup my investment on the contour seats.

Thanks in advance

Yes The Multicontour option is done through the CEL pump under the rear seat..Run One line then T it at the seats..

This should help you re any questions on the install

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/
Old 10-12-2005, 03:07 PM

Mark,
I have the lines ran back to the PSE (Central Locking Pump/Vac) to a T.

Sunman,
I do not have an electrical harness for the air system and I cannot see any electrical connections to the controls (only pneumatic).

After I get the 90 degree connector for the pump, will I have to have the Star Diagonosis program to set the system to provide air? I would really hate to subscribe to Startekinfo for $18 just to get the answer "Go to the dealer". Any thoughts?
Thanks
Larry
Old 10-12-2005, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
PSE = Phone System Electronics. Nothing to do with the seats. THe controls are all pneumatic. THe pump is the only device requiring power. Check my post in the tech section. THe pump is pressure sensitive. Whenever you use any of the buttons, it drops the pressure and activates the pump.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 PM

PSE is also the acronym for the german name for the Pneumatic pump. It is called that in most mercedes literature. The pump under the rear seat for the central locking system is controlled by the BUS system. It provides pressure or vacuum depending on what electrical signal it receives.

Have you actually added multicontour seats to a car that did not originally have them? I will check out your post in the tech section.

Thanks Again