E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Getting the "No CD Player" Message even though i have the MB 6 Disc Changer (m)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MetroCard
Unhappy Getting the "No CD Player" Message even though i have the MB 6 Disc Changer (m)

Occasionally once a week, I get the "No CD Player" even though i have a mercedes changer in the trunk. This problem can sometimes be corrected if i turn the car off and start it up again. Whenever i show it to the dealer it works perfectly. This is really starting to get on my nerves...Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:18 AM

Location: Long Island, NY / Mississauga, Ontario / Changhua, Taiwan
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550V4
E430tuner,

I got the same error message on my headunit too.."NO CD CHANGER" ... i took it to my dealer, and being able to read the fault codes, they were able to see that it has happened one in a week or so, like it has happened to you, even though it doesn't do it when you bring it to the dealer (it always happens that way, eh?). So they replaced the headunit with a brand new one, and it has solved the problem. The only thing is now instead of starting from the middle of the song i left of at, like it used to, sometimes it starts at the beginning of the CD.... strange....... let me know how it goes.!