E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

CLoudy headlamp solution

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLoudy headlamp solution

Goto http://stores.ebay.com/Better-Products-at-Better-Prices.

I ordered this stuff for my lenses and applied it a couple days ago to my '99 E430. They look completely brand new now! Just thought I'd share my $15 solution to cloudy headlamps.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 PM

2001 E430 Sport
Sounds like a great product. Can you post pics?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:01 PM

2007 C230 Sport
Hmmmm... if you look closely at the before and after pics they don't seem to match up. I'm assuming with this much advertising the product is legit but...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:35 AM

'97 E320
Wow, thanks for the tip…

i recently purchased a craftsman 40-ply muslin buffing wheel and compound set… it has a ¼-in. shank adapter (mandrel) so you can mount it in a hand held drill motor and polish away… i spent about an hour doing the four front lights (had to keep giving the drill motor a break to cool off a bit) and they came out almost like new… the kit came with four different compounds (emery cake, tripoli, white rouge, red rouge) for polishing metal, bone, plastic, wood and painted surfaces…

sounds like this product might be a little easier… i didn’t take before and after pictures but truly wish i had now… what a major improvement…

i think i’ll purchase this stuff and do my astro van’s parking lights, they really look bad… so look for the before & after pictured results soon… along with my product review on this stuff..!!

~ Mr. B ~
Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Kompressor Sport
I'd like to see some pics of our own MB users. If you look at the before and after pics on the ebay site they look like different cars. Check out the taurus, the dirt marks on each photo are different and the gaps between body panels on the caravan are different on the before and after pics.

I'd buy this if it really works.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by Corp DL
I'd like to see some pics of our own MB users. If you look at the before and after pics on the ebay site they look like different cars. Check out the taurus, the dirt marks on each photo are different and the gaps between body panels on the caravan are different on the before and after pics.

I just bought it, not for Benz, but for my dad Lexus GS (headlight quite dull). WIll post pix.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Almost a Member!

W210 E300DT Saloon
I wouldn't trust that seller. On all images it looks to me like the lens is clouded from moisture on the inside.

Its definitely either a different car, or the headlamp assembly has been removed. Hardly a 5 minute job.

I personally wouldn't touch the lenses with anything other than a light vinegar/water solution, and a rag. Unless water/dirt has gotten inside the assembly, I wouldn't touch that full stop.

Waste of money, and looks like spammage from the original poster for his own products.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:52 PM

'97 E320
Originally Posted by Corp DL

Unbelievable… what... why don’t you believe Wood’sBenz..??

already testified it works, what more do you need..??

Originally Posted by Parrot of Doom
I wouldn't trust that seller. On all images it looks to me like the lens is clouded from moisture on the inside.
Its definitely either a different car, or the headlamp assembly has been removed. Hardly a 5 minute job.
Waste of money, and looks like spammage from the original poster for his own products.

yeah, as if it’s a conspiracy… he used multiple cars, one with old lights and one with new… he’s trying to scam people and get rich and all those testimonies are just made up and false…

yeah, a "power seller" with over 8600 transactions is scammimg us... you got it all figured out don't you... heck, i bet we’re even in on it…

get real… the cars don’t look like different cars to me and the gaps in body panels are the same, just looks as if the hood isn’t closed all the way (probable opened it to get better access to clean the light lense) i know i did when i did mine with the polishing wheel and a drill motor…

looks as if the pictures just weren’t taken from the same angle…

trust the member that posted this thread or not (i am)… it’s all of what… $15…

yep, don’t want to **** that away on some useless product…

~ Mr. B ~
Attached Thumbnails CLoudy headlamp solution-before.jpg   CLoudy headlamp solution-after.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. B; 02-04-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Almost a Member!

W210 E300DT Saloon
No need to be so defensive. Or insulting.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No need to be so defensive. Or insulting.
You can't simply trash people or label them as phishing, then tell them "no need to be defensive". That's so full of it.

In the other hand, the bottle that I bought will be here next week. I'll try them on my dad car, and post result.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:46 AM

2001 E320

I personally wouldn't touch the lenses with anything other than a light vinegar/water solution, and a rag. Unless water/dirt has gotten inside the assembly, I wouldn't touch that full stop.

Parrot of Doom;

I'm no expert and I haven't tried the product; to me the paint on the two vans looks totally different. I wonder why the text boxes are in two different places? Would have been nice to see the rock chips in the first photo also in the second. Nothings impossible, I guess, but the results look doubtful to me.

I would like to see a long time forum member post their own results and I think the original thread poster should say if they are selling that product on eBay.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:19 PM

96´E280 6.cyl
Will not judge anyone, but those are 2 differente cars.

You can see bye the way the side fender ends in each car, one is way more rounded and the other more sharp...
Old 02-06-2006, 11:22 PM

'97 E320
First let me state this… i do not endorse, nor have i even tried this product… yet… that said...

i don’t mean to argue… nor is it my intension to offend anyone as well… please forgive me if it seemed that way…

now what car / cars are you talking about..??

the two pic’s i posted above of the dodge caravan totally look to be the same vehicle (IMO)… you can assume, i guess that the specs on the pic on the left are to be rock chips… they could just as easily be dirt and after cleaning the headlight lens, it’s just possible the entire car was washed…

i’m just speculating for argument sake. really just looks like a different camera angle and of course time of day (automatic camera settings re-acted differently) who knows..??

anyway… i’ve seen other (commercial grade) products work on other applications that were truly just as amazing… heck, when “crazy glue” was first introduced, people didn’t believe it worked like it did… you know how many people glued their fingers together, not to mention other things because they just wouldn’t believe it could set up that fast… emergency rooms had plenty of visitors until word got out... do you get my point..??

you know if this “Wood’sBenz” is the eBay seller or anybody else for that matter… trying to create some business here… and if the product is really useless and it’s a scam… well, we’ll all know soon enough and the gig will be up for them…. Just seems too risky and dumb… to expose yourself to a close knit discussion group like this…

WORD travels fast on a good product… and even faster on a bad one..!!

after spending an hour slaving over mine with the buffing / polishing wheel… i’ll gladly pay for something easier… the real problem will be finding a quality protectant / cleaner to maintain them… i here plexus is pretty good…

what you think..??

i agree we need a long time forum member post their own results... someone will soon i'm sure...

~ Mr. B ~
Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mr. B

i agree we need a long time forum member post their own results... someone will soon i'm sure...
That would be me , look to have result posted by next weekend.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Wow - I posted this on two forums, and I can't believe the firestorm of doubt...True, I'm a junior member - i've only owned my E430 since December - but jeez...I've got better things to do than jack people around over $15 on an internet forum.

I just thought I'd share MY experience with this stuff. Isn't that what the forums are for - normal folks helping each other out? My lenses were dogged terribly from the Orlando sun where I purchased the car. I drove it back to Central Ohio - I've had the stuff on for a couple weeks now and it's working great. The difference is night and day. If you're skeptical, fine - don't buy the stuff. But don't question my integrity. If your lenses look as poor as mine did and this solution doesn't sit well with you, then feel free to buy new lenses (I've seen them on ebay for about $175) or new headlamp assemblies ($350-$700). Just don't paint me as a liar or 'troller' or whatever else...

Last edited by Wood'sBenz; 02-07-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Wow, thanks for the tip…

i recently purchased a craftsman 40-ply muslin buffing wheel and compound set… it has a ¼-in. shank adapter (mandrel) so you can mount it in a hand held drill motor and polish away… i spent about an hour doing the four front lights (had to keep giving the drill motor a break to cool off a bit) and they came out almost like new… the kit came with four different compounds (emery cake, tripoli, white rouge, red rouge) for polishing metal, bone, plastic, wood and painted surfaces…

sounds like this product might be a little easier… i didn’t take before and after pictures but truly wish i had now… what a major improvement…

i think i’ll purchase this stuff and do my astro van’s parking lights, they really look bad… so look for the before & after pictured results soon… along with my product review on this stuff..!!

~ Mr. B ~
Heed my advice on the power tools - I initially used a felt wheel and drill (glass polishing kit) thinking it would speed my results. I only managed to mar the plastic lens in a couple places (which I was able to rub out). After several 'F' bombs and 'C' sharps, I simply went back to applying the stuff manually. I used a glass safe, light duty scrub pad and some cerium oxide polishing compound to really get the lenses clean prior to applying the lens restorer. If you do this, make sure the pad doesn't scratch the plastic, or you'll be adding to your work load.

It takes several applications on all four front lamps to get them looking really nice. I'd say it took me about two hours all together. I still have enough left over to do a quick touch up if need be. Initially, I really laid into it and used a lot of elbow grease, but really, all you need is a light swirling motion and a little bit of the solution at a time.

Even if the stuff begins to wear out, I should be able to maintain the look with the left over product. If I have to spend another $15 in a year or two, I'd gladly do it.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
The dodge pics are proof enough....Damn Nice!!!!! It's obvious the hood is not engaged fully on the after pic. Thanks for the heads up on this stuff.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:39 PM

2000 E430 Sport
lens cleaner

I used this one many times and it works!
here is the site: http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp
Old 02-07-2006, 05:45 PM

2000 E430 Sport
lens cleaner

sorry the site won't just take you there. At the Bav auto site go to car care and click. Then click on the Zymol products and the lens cleaner will be there. I have made yellow and foggy lights look like new with this stuff. Just make sure you use a rubber glove when appling. here is the site again:
http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp
Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 PM

2008 X164 GL450
I've used MOTHER's Aluminum polish on our cars and it works great. Lens will clear up.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:36 PM

C36 AMG
seems to be ok for plastic lenses like E 200 1996
Attached Thumbnails CLoudy headlamp solution-17045804_full.jpg  
Old 04-23-2006, 04:12 PM

C230 Kompressor Sport
I just wanted to post and say that I was VERY happy with the original product that was featured on eBay. My lenses were pretty bad (discolored and the surface even had slight cracking) so I had to go thru about a 5 step process: I had to wetsand the surface (1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit). Of course this made them very 'cloudy' and I was honestly worried there for a bit. But I proceeded with the application of liquid B & C and I can't tell you how amazing my quad lamps look now! I too should have taken before and after pics. With the sandpaper steps (which was the majority of the time) I think I got this whole project done in 2 hours.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:30 AM

Go to the source

Use the link below to go to the patent on the USPTO web site. The abstract describes the ingredients for the New Lite product and the patent gives more detail. It seems like it should work.

http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...&RS=PN/6984612
Old 04-26-2006, 10:39 AM

'04 Cobra & '04 S430
Is there a product that could be used all along to keep the headlights looking like new? I'm thinking of being pro-active (preventing the hazing of lens) as oppossed to re-active (removing the hazing from lens).
Old 04-26-2006, 06:18 PM

2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
I've haven't seen a product like what you're describing,H. I think the type of glass that the OEM Headlights are made of ,oxidizes over time,and the resulting cloudiness shows up. Who know ,maybe not a lot of thought went in to those lenses in the beginning,and so many people complained,after seeing the newer style,it may have been one of those items borne out of disgust....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CLoudy headlamp solution