E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Power Window question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430 Desert Silver
Power Window question

Hello eveyone,

First I just want to say Hello to eveyone from that Forum... It's been quite a while I haven't logged in.... So, I am back

Anh then last, just a technical question... concerning the Power Window.

The Power Window (Front Seat) is not working properly... From the Express Button (interior), I can close it but not open. However, with the remote, I can close and open

So, that means at least the Power Window Motor is working because I can open and close with the remote. Could be a sensor or a fuse problem ???

Any advice before I bring it in to the dealer... too lazy

Thanks

Last edited by phungpho; 02-11-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
sounds like the console switch has a problem. spill any drinks or anything lately? BOTH windows exhibit this, or just one side?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430 Desert Silver
Question It's working now

Never mind... It's working now !!!

Here's the whole story:
First, coming back from vacation, the battery needs to be recharged.
Then after that the Power Window was not working properly. As I mentionned above, from the console (interior), I can only open the windows but not close them (true for the 4 of them). However, with the Remote, I can open and close all of them which means the Power Window Motor is working.

Then just yesterday, I read the manual again..... I saw they talking about "Synchronize" the 4 Power Windows... I did it for the Driver Front Seat (Windown).

Then believe or not, after that, the 3 others (Power Window) worked properly but not the Driver Front Seat

... I just gave up

I had to close that Window with the Remote... then I went to a Party.
Last night coming back home, before I turned off the engine, I just tried one more time (Open and Close) and then I just can't believe my eyes... It's working normally

Anyway, it's working now but no clue why it didn't work and how it's working now

My guess is something with the Sensor ???
Now will see how long it last

Thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Did you resync the sun roof too? Sounds like some things that all need to be done when the battery is disconnected. Things like the front seat motors and head rest positions need to be relearned if the battery has been disconnected or low.