E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Clear Mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE350 4MATIC, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
Clear Mats

Hi All,

does anyone has this....

Clear Mats

It seems overpriced to me.....

what's your opinion/s

cheers,
Old 02-21-2006, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E350 4matic Sport and 2011 C300 4matic sport
floor mats

It would be interesting to hear opinions on this.

I do not use floor mats in the front, mainly becasue they were not in the car when I bought it. But should the floor look warn when I get ready to sell it I will buy floor mats. Any reason not to just use the floor as designed?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 E320
those are exactly what my wife’s been after me to purchase to protect the carpet floor mats…

now i’m scratching my head… didn’t we just purchase the carpet mats to protect the stock carpet… (yep, that’s what we did… i’m thinking this to myself, wouldn’t dare say anything out loud )

anyway… i ask "why buy plastic to cover them up..??"

here’s my opinion… the stock carpet needs to be protected to maintain resell value… agreed… unless of course you want to dump a whole new carpet kit in it… that would be expensive in it self, would it not..?? and new floor mats at that time may in fact hide the problem but a good shopper/buyer would only discover the bad carpet under the new mats and that could possible hurt the sale of the car.

now my carpet mats were around $100 for the set of four… and i can understand wanting to protect them but come on… what was the point of getting carpet if only to cover it in plastic..??

now for the rainy season or if you’re in the snow… you could cover them with the plastic mats, only to have the water or debris your protecting the carpet from slip to the edges and then ruin the stock carpet…

the better choice would be something like the Carbox cargo liners… they conform to the shape of your car, and are constructed of a flexible, durable polyethylene. a perfect custom fit to each vehicle with a 2" lip on all sides. this truly protects against dirt, mud, sludge, snow or whatever you drag in on your feet… to clean you simply remove them and spray with a hose.

your expensive carpet stays clean and it's value intact. the German manufacturer, Carbox, has been in business since 1908 and Mats4Less.com has been appointed as the exclusive Carbox importer for the North American market. check them out.

the picture below does not necessarily depict your vehicles liner. (it’s just an example)

d*mn… i kind of sound like a salesmen for them huh… but i’m not… it’s just what i’ve been thinking about purchasing… that or just blow it off and get another set of carpet mats when they wear out or i go to sell the car… what the heck... we are in southern California, how often does it rain or do we get to play in the snow now really..

~ Mr. B ~
Attached Thumbnails Clear Mats-carbox-floor-tray-set.gif  
Old 02-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
I think the utilitarian value of making it easier to keep the inside of the car clean is worth the cost and the look of vinyl floor mats. The clear mats look better than colored on lighter carpeting. The only issue with mats is if they move under foot. The OEM mats come with some great clips that do keep them in place. If the mats you purchase don't come with strong enough clips, they can be purchased at the dealer and aren't too expensive.