E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Questions on my E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430
Cool Questions on my E320

Well, the time has come for my very first Benz, hurrah! It's a 1995 E320 with the Brilliant Silver color and grey interior (Yea yea, a 95' is too old for you guys but it says 1995-Present on the forum title, and... no one in the other board talks). So anyways, I just recieved this car graciously as a gift from my dad, after driving a MINI-VAN for a year and 3 months, yuck!

I have a few questions though, I want to tint the windows, and wondered if you guys have tinted windows and whether or not that devalues the car.

Also, where can I find stuff to customize my Benz? I get Bavarian Autosport, but that's for BMW, is there anything like that for Mercedes? Custom stuff meaning like a new shift *** custom rims (if i ever get enough money for those and decide to get them).

Well, I think that's all. A few final comments, after wanting to get a BMW since I could drive a car, I have seen the light...

Mercedes > BMW
Old 12-16-2001, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Congrats on the new benz. My first Benz was a 1986 E320 (same body style as yours). The tinting should help, not hurt resale. It would look great on your color. Besides the tinting isn't just for looks, it protects your interior from the suns harmful rays (consider it as sun block for your car--you may look good with a tan but your car doesn't).

Your car probably came with 16 inch wheels. I think it would look good if you upgraded to 17 inch wheels. Not the low profile type (don't want to ruin that mercedes ride!) but just some regular 17s. Wheel choices are wide open--but PLEASE don't get chrome!

Here is a link to a site that has shift knobs. I just got the burled walnut and leather and really like it.

http://www.performanceproducts.com/p...dorid=&search=

Now you may not believe this but the mercedes rubber mats look better in my opinion than the carpeted mats and there only around $80. Here's the link to see them.
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...=02_E&menu=3_1

I have a few other ideas but check these out and let me know what you think. Here's my new ride.