E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

FS Yokohama Avs Db S2 235/45-17

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
FS Yokohama Avs Db S2 235/45-17

Hi I'm selling my YOKOHAMA AVS DB S2 235/45-17 tires, perfect condition about .229" tread left, only reason I'm selling them becouse I updated my wheels to 18" so i have no longer use for them ...

MORE INFO ABOUT TIRES:

The Yokohama AVS dB S2 was developed to provide ultra high performance for the drivers of sports cars and sporty coupes by providing year round traction, even in light snow. The Yokohama AVS dB S2's most important added feature is a revised tread pattern designed to minimize irregular wear and the resulting increase in noise.

The AVS name identifies this tire as a member of their Advanced Vehicle System family and the dB is the abbreviation for decibel (the unit of measurement used to quantify sound pressure). Therefore, the AVS dB name is fitting because this is Yokohama's quietest Ultra High Performance tire.

The directional tread design combines several key design elements that enhance the AVS dB S2's capabilities. A continuous center block provides uninterrupted rubber-to-road contact while "tusk" shaped grooves minimize noise and maximize water drainage. Additionally, all of the tread block sizes and shapes are designed specifically to help neutralize one another's noise patterns.

Internally, the AVS dB S2 uses a casing design with Active Flex Control (AFC) technology which helps absorb bumps without abandoning the lateral stiffness required for responsive handling and cornering control. Twin steel belts are reinforced by spirally wound nylon strips to provide long term integrity under high speed conditions while reducing weight and providing more uniform ride quality.

Yokohama reinvented their All-Season tread compound technology to stretch the AVS dB S2's range of operating temperatures in order to allow them to hold the road in summer's heat while providing light snow traction in winter's cold.