E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Hps S/c 430 Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:28 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
Hps S/c 430 Update

I usually post on benzworld, but I thought I would post here as well for others.

First and foremost I am not posting for reason of debate. These are my expierences and results. If anyone has any questions here is my personal email ------- kjelladams@msn.com

I just got the car back from speed innovation, where the ECU was modified to accept the HPS supercharger. The transmission computer was also modified to accept the increased power from the engine. The shifting points changed and the rev limiter also changed.

First drive friday evening! The car runs awesome, the shifting is awesome now, no more lazy shifts. The car idles as smooth as it did before the supercharger. The air fuel ratio, before the tuning was done was in the high twelves and low thirteens, which for seven pounds of boost is safe. Now the car runs entirely in the mid to high twelves, so there is no possibility of a lean condition. The car has more power than ever with the ECU tuning. I think I'm only going to get about 11k on these set of tires. The car has even more power!!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by amg guy
I usually post on benzworld, but I thought I would post here as well for others.

First and foremost I am not posting for reason of debate. These are my expierences and results. If anyone has any questions here is my personal email ------- kjelladams@msn.com

I just got the car back from speed innovation, where the ECU was modified to accept the HPS supercharger. The transmission computer was also modified to accept the increased power from the engine. The shifting points changed and the rev limiter also changed.

First drive friday evening! The car runs awesome, the shifting is awesome now, no more lazy shifts. The car idles as smooth as it did before the supercharger. The air fuel ratio, before the tuning was done was in the high twelves and low thirteens, which for seven pounds of boost is safe. Now the car runs entirely in the mid to high twelves, so there is no possibility of a lean condition. The car has more power than ever with the ECU tuning. I think I'm only going to get about 11k on these set of tires. The car has even more power!!
11k miles is a lot.
The supercharger must not add a lot. I got 12k on my tires and I have an X5.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
actually it added 141 hp. Btw the X5 is 4x4 all the time, therefore tire wear is much worse.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Are YOU sure re the gains...LOTS of Cooking going on at HPS/Jesse

This is from a HPS owner...

Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBSB
If you are going to agree to that, you will only make yourself look like a BIGGER fool than anyone else, including myself, thought you were.

Secondly, this thread could be easily kept alive by moderators, no matter what HPS asks you to sign.

In the end, many of us, including myself, wish you a resolution that keeps you and your C55 in great health and in great power.

And in case you still DO NOT GET IT, HPS aint it.

To be honest. I've been giving them a lot of chances to get it right but this last round thorougly pissed me off! They cooked up some crock of Sh*^t about how I was their best customer and were going to give me even more power with some additional "tricks up his sleeve" if I left the car with them for ANOTHER week. Hell they even got me excited about the new Magnuson Blower they were putting in my car in June that will pump out over 450whp without any other mods.

When I got the car back they just told me it was running fine and needed NOTHING when in reality I suspect that they were USING my car to test something (FMU?) to replace the costly ECU programming that Jessie is doing and wanted to see if it would work on a newer model AMG. He said the only remaining improvement opportunity was the "transmission slippage" but that HPS is out of money and he's not going to wrap $1,000 bills around each kit they sell. They returned my car even dirtier than when I left it with them. Not even the courtesy of washing it after borrowing it for free and driving it back and forth from LA to Escondido (200+ miles each trip) and Dyno'ing the Hell out my engine for 8 days.

HPS tells me that I'm their partner and friend yet they continually try to take advantage of me. Now they're trying to censor me and when that didn't work they try to bribe me. Well I can't be bought and will stand by my principles. I owe it to the Benz enthusiast public to tell it like it is.

They tell me that the fake dyno sent to me was an innocent mistake. Well how can both Bill and Adam talk about the numbers as being the one of the best they ever had? They can't claim ignorance when they openingly boasted about how good my numbers were. Only Jim did not claim that the 414whp was real and said he did not remember ever seeing that number when dynoing my car at his shop shortly after the blower install back in November.

If they are'nt straight up with me and use bully techniques then this is what they get! If they threaten to void my warranty if my car breaks. So what? I won't be filing a warranty claim but instead a legal claim!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The air fuel ratio, before the tuning was done was in the high twelves and low thirteens, which for seven pounds of boost is safe.
Pls post some Dyno Sheet.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Kjell,

Good to see you on the forum.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
actually it added 141 hp. Btw the X5 is 4x4 all the time, therefore tire wear is much worse.
Just thinking outloud.
My rears move, your rears move.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:07 PM

i'm new to tuning on mercedes, so I'm stilling learning how do do stuff to them.

But, from what I have gathered so far, if you want 150 horsepower, you can use Kleemann, and you get a guaranteed solution.

However, if you just want a supercharger, and don't care about horsepower, HPS is another option.

Am I getting this right?

thanks,
doug "the new guy"
Old 04-24-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Do your research first before taking the plunge, this site is a great place to start.

Good Luck!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by drmiller100
i'm new to tuning on mercedes, so I'm stilling learning how do do stuff to them.

But, from what I have gathered so far, if you want 150 horsepower, you can use Kleemann, and you get a guaranteed solution.

However, if you just want a supercharger, and don't care about horsepower, HPS is another option.

Am I getting this right?

thanks,
doug "the new guy"
yea but if you want just a supercharger then why would you spend 5-10 g's in a hps that'll only give you 30 hp more??

like rich said read up on what you plan to buy
Old 04-24-2006, 03:12 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
yea but if you want just a supercharger then why would you spend 5-10 g's in a hps that'll only give you 30 hp more??

like rich said read up on what you plan to buy
I got 90hp+ for my 4k out of my Gen 1, but if I wanted 110hp to 150+ I would have to go Kleemann.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by E55Cent
I got 90hp+ for my 4k out of my Gen 1, but if I wanted 110hp to 150+ I would have to go Kleemann.
90 hp isn't too bad for 4k but didn't you say you had to do some other stuff to tune the car up??
Old 04-24-2006, 11:45 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
90 hp isn't too bad for 4k but didn't you say you had to do some other stuff to tune the car up??
Yeah, you are right. When I first put on the kit I had and increade of 45hp, but I knew i could get more and make the car run safer. Thanks to Josh at HOP we moved the air/fuel from 15.5 to 12.3. More fuel more power and safer.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Yeah, you are right. When I first put on the kit I had and increade of 45hp, but I knew i could get more and make the car run safer. Thanks to Josh at HOP we moved the air/fuel from 15.5 to 12.3. More fuel more power and safer.
i see, thats not that bad........too bad they got nothing for the v6 expect it being custom made