E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Around the World

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
Around the World

Ok, I've been planning this trip for about 2 years now. Its a trip to forget about everything and go somewhere. The problem of making a dream real is the mony. I'm looking for sponcers for a trip from New York, U.S.A. to Hong Kong, China. Anybody have any idea how to rais about 20Grand? (20 grand= gas, food, hotels, police bribs::we all know a usa car in russia will be fun::, car repairs, videa camras, tape. I plan to create a website etc. Also any idea how to get from alaska to russia? thats about it for now i guess. The trip will be in 2008. Gota hit 18 for the trip. You guys will prob think i'm some imature kid, I'm not I've bin around. I've been to china 8 times, Did acting there. i've been around the world. If i get enough money i plan to upgrade my ML320 with a new suspenson before the trip so that it can hande the harsh conditions better. Well thats it for now. Wish me luck.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb

I don't mean to be offensive, but your spelling/grammar is horrible. I wish you good luck with your solicitation for money, but I don't have enough myself to help an "immature kid" - your words - on some fantasy joyride who can't use the english language any better than you do. I think you would make a pretty poor ambassador abroad for the USA. Grow up and go to college, and while you're there, take some remedial english courses!

Last edited by Musikmann; 06-16-2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-16-2006, 10:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic Wagon
Damn, if I had a Benz before I was 18....... It's 10 years later and I still don't really deserve one.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by FireFox31
Damn, if I had a Benz before I was 18....... It's 10 years later and I still don't really deserve one.

ok both of you I'm an acter their for i'm a compleat moron with a 167iq. lol. Also acting pays ok money their for I have a car. I'm more of a family guy though so I got my parents one to. Anyway my spelling yea I know. I really need to work on it. What can i say. Anyway thanks for the replies.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wink TommyGunn

Originally Posted by TommyGunn
ok both of you I'm an acter their for i'm a compleat moron with a 167iq. lol. Also acting pays ok money their for I have a car. I'm more of a family guy though so I got my parents one to. Anyway my spelling yea I know. I really need to work on it. What can i say. Anyway thanks for the replies.

Your IQ is 167? If this is true, congratulations! You are in a VERY elite fraternity - 99th(+) percentile.

I'm not UNintelligent, but I would commit a homicide (vehicular of course) to have an IQ that high.

M
Old 06-17-2006, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Musikmann

Your IQ is 167? If this is true, congratulations! You are in a VERY elite fraternity - 99th(+) percentile.

I'm not UNintelligent, but I would commit a homicide (vehicular of course) to have an IQ that high.

M
after i took my test the instructer said i was "gifted". But i still cant spell with all that brain power. go figure.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool TommyGunn

after i took my test the instructer said i was "gifted". But i still cant spell with all that brain power. go figure.
Maybe you have some form of dyslexia? As far as I know, there is NO correlation between IQ and any form of that "disease".

And "gifted" is an understatement!

Cheers,
M
Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts
99 E320
.....kind of like an idiot savvant then...like in Rain Man?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool raymond g

Originally Posted by raymond g-
.....kind of like an idiot savvant then...like in Rain Man?
No, he had autism. But, as far as I know, that is not correlated with IQ either.

Curiously, Dustin Hoffman came to my town in West Virginia to learn what it was all about to be an idiot savant. I used to have a customer who ran an Autism center, and the boy was her son. I met him briefly; he was pretty bizarre!
Old 06-17-2006, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts
99 E320
yes n no. autism can be simply be someone with under developed cognative
and learning skills. idiot savant can still be autism, but the person also has the
unexplainable ability to excel in areas where normally developed people require
much training....and where the autistic person had none. ergo lies the
interesting marriage of low IQ vs high IQ...in the same person.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wink raymond g-

Originally Posted by raymond g-
yes n no. autism can be simply be someone with under developed cognative
and learning skills. idiot savant can still be autism, but the person also has the
unexplainable ability to excel in areas where normally developed people require
much training....and where the autistic person had none. ergo lies the
interesting marriage of low IQ vs high IQ...in the same person.
Thank you Raymond. I hadn't considered the training vs. no-training aspect of this issue.

I suppose the etiology of the various autisms is still only speculation(?)
Old 06-17-2006, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Ok guys, I'm not an idiot, moron, etc. I am not rain man, I am not dyslexic. Etc any other name u can pile on. To just clear the record. I can spell, Its just whenever i type fast I cant. I was just joking when I said I still cant spell.God damn. If someone was reading this they would think I have down syndrome.

thanks for the replies.....i guess..........
Old 06-17-2006, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Anybody have any idea how to rais about 20Grand?
Once the real estate deal that I'm working on completed (it's going through escrow right now), I should have quite some extra cash. It will be quite a cash winfall for me on that deal.

I think your proposal and idea sound great (raise $$ for your trip around the world), and I wouldn't mind to help you. Probably not the whole $20K, but definitely anywhere 20-25% of that sum, that should give you a good starting point. Just share experience of your trip w/ us here.

Btw, those who're in the real estate business probably know: I'm selling the B.B (NY). Should make local headline once the deal close.

Last edited by zam2000; 06-17-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by zam2000
Once the real estate deal that I'm working on completed (it's going through escrow right now), I should have quite some extra cash. It will be quite a cash winfall for me on that deal.

I think your proposal and idea sound great (raise $$ for your trip around the world), and I wouldn't mind to help you. Probably not the whole $20K, but definitely anywhere 20-25% of that sum, that should give you a good starting point. Just share experience of your trip w/ us here.

Btw, those who're in the real estate business probably know: I'm selling the B.B (NY). Should make local headline once the deal close.
Thanks,
I also plan on pitching my idea to parts companies to get the parts to mod my truck. I'm currently designing the website. I'm also creating a route to take and figureing out how to get my car from alaska to russia. Also should i keep going when i reach Hong Kong. Should I keep going to England? I also plan on writing a letter to Moter trend, car and driver, road and track, Top Gear, Fifth Gear, etc about this to see if i can write an article for there magazine about the trip.
Thanks alot. also If you need to reach me my number is (347) 968- 3360

Thanks
Old 06-17-2006, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Ok guys, I'm not an idiot, moron, etc. I am not rain man, I am not dyslexic. Etc any other name u can pile on. To just clear the record. I can spell, Its just whenever i type fast I cant. I was just joking when I said I still cant spell.God damn. If someone was reading this they would think I have down syndrome.

LOL, no offence but in a way this thread has turned kinda funny, at least to by-standers (I think I know how you feel too tho).

When do you plan to do it? If around Oct this year, MB will be testing out the facelifted W211 CDI's, travelling from Paris to Beijing. I'm planning on joining that . Maybe you should explore tagging on to that program somehow to save some costs and have some company (33 new CDIs in fact)? I'm also exploring sending my car to Malaysia, maybe doing a trip around Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam..nowhere near as adventurous as your plan but anyways it beats driving around this tiny town...

Be sure to hit me up if ever in this part of the world, but remember, you'll be driving on a different side of the road over here

Good luck.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wink TommyGunn

No offense my friend, raymond g- and I just started talking about some things and were only using your thread for that. I don't think either of us intended to call you an idiot, moron, rain man or dyslexic. OK, I see that you CAN spell when you slow down a bit.

Now maybe we should start talking about what types of pharmaceuticals you might need to relax you a bit
Old 06-18-2006, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Musikmann
No offense my friend, raymond g- and I just started talking about some things and were only using your thread for that. I don't think either of us intended to call you an idiot, moron, rain man or dyslexic. OK, I see that you CAN spell when you slow down a bit.

Now maybe we should start talking about what types of pharmaceuticals you might need to relax you a bit
Very funny, very funny.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Whitey
LOL, no offence but in a way this thread has turned kinda funny, at least to by-standers (I think I know how you feel too tho).

When do you plan to do it? If around Oct this year, MB will be testing out the facelifted W211 CDI's, travelling from Paris to Beijing. I'm planning on joining that . Maybe you should explore tagging on to that program somehow to save some costs and have some company (33 new CDIs in fact)? I'm also exploring sending my car to Malaysia, maybe doing a trip around Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam..nowhere near as adventurous as your plan but anyways it beats driving around this tiny town...

Be sure to hit me up if ever in this part of the world, but remember, you'll be driving on a different side of the road over here

Good luck.
Any idea on HOW to tag along?