E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

footwell lights remain on even after locking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E320
footwell lights remain on even after locking

hey guys i got a question in relation to lighting

everytime I lock the remote the footwell lights remain on for a prolonged period of time? should I be concerned that it will drain my battery bcoz the thought of it is bothering me in a way
Old 08-12-2006, 03:21 PM

2001 E320 Sport
How long after does it stay on? More than 5 minutes? The footwell lights for my car only stay on if I have the headlights on (part the ambient lighting system). If I turn off my headlights, the only ambient light that stays on is the one in the rearview mirror (assuming the car is off), and even then I believe it shuts off after a bit when I lock the car. At worse it will slowly drain your battery, but even then when you drive the car it will charge up your battery. Not to mention you might to replace the bulb sooner.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:05 AM

W210 E320
Originally Posted by adv074
How long after does it stay on? More than 5 minutes? The footwell lights for my car only stay on if I have the headlights on (part the ambient lighting system). If I turn off my headlights, the only ambient light that stays on is the one in the rearview mirror (assuming the car is off), and even then I believe it shuts off after a bit when I lock the car. At worse it will slowly drain your battery, but even then when you drive the car it will charge up your battery. Not to mention you might to replace the bulb sooner.
well my car's battery died on me twice today and i'm hoping it doesn't die on me when I get back home. And the strange thing is I can't figure out what's draining the car's battery while I keep it parked for more than 2 hours I'm suspecting the footwell light. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know
Old 08-14-2006, 01:35 PM

2001 E320 Sport
Hmm...I really do not know what else could be causing the drain. It possibly could be the footwell light, but it seems that something else could be doing it for it to drain the battery like that. Have you checked to make sure the door sensors are all functioning (the black plunger piece on the B piller)? Not sure but if that is not functioning correctly, it could make the lights stay on longer than necessary. Maybe you might have to bring it in to have it checked. Hopefully other members can chime on this so you can avoid having to do that.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:54 PM

W210 E320
jus took the car to an auto electrician to have the alternator checked since it seems tht it's not producing enough power to charge the battery