E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Lower Control Arms? DIY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
Lower Control Arms? DIY?

I've got this shake in the FE I'm trying to get rid of. I've had the shimmy around 50mph for a long time, only remedy was to get the tires re-balanced and it helped until after sometime it returned and I went back to get re-balanced. Recently had the tires balance on the Hunter Load balancing machine and took a trip to Florida. On the way back it started shaking again and now I can feel it @ low speed shaking the wheel when applying the brakes. I recently replaced the front rotors and pads and don't feel the Zimmerman rotors could be warped.

Anywho I need to replace the right side inner tie rod arm as it is slightly bent which doesn't appear to be a heavy task. The outers were already replaced. Anyone get involved in the lower control arms bushing replacement? I think as long as I can remove lower arms and drop them off @ the indy to replace the bushings alone. I'm looking @ purchasing an internal spring compressor to remove the springs as I have the E55 units to install anyway. Any tips or trips someone can relay? Maybe sizes of the sockets for the lower arm bolts

Thanks ya'll...