E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Stealership did not mount belly pans properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006 | 03:21 PM

W210 W140
Stealership did not mount belly pans properly

I got my oil changed at Carousel Motors in Iowa City last week. (Went to Iowa/Ohio State game). After getting onto the highway I hit a series of bumps in the road which resulted in a loud scraping sound. I pulled over and saw that the underbody belly pans had been severely damaged from them hanging down and scraping the road. The one underneath of the transmission is now busted up pretty bad.

I called the dealer after I got back to Chicago and they denied everything. I expected this, but they didn't offer any type of solution (like having it inspected at a local Chicago dealer). They told me the only way to inspect my car is to go back to their Iowa City location. Any ideas on how I can get an alternative inspection in Chicago that will transfer to Iowa City?

Do you guys know where I can purchase these belly pans used? Thanks,
Old 10-22-2006 | 03:11 PM

1997 E320
EdzBenz,

I live in Iowa City and I can tell you from experience that the stealership doesn't give two sh*ts about people's cars. Most mechanic shops around here suck especially when it comes to european cars. I only use the dealership for ordering parts and either me or my mechanic whom I trust put it on.
If I were you I would go back to the Iowa City dealership and yell at them and get them to replace those, that is THEIR fault and they need to replace it for you. Don't give them the time of the day.
As far as transferring an inspection, I don't know how it would work because dealerships are privately owned and don't communicate like chain stores.