E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

pondering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430 sport
pondering

Alright you w210 fanatics, some questions to humor me with:

I have been asked twice now about the "darkish" chrome on my 2000 E430that surrounds the back window, front window, and surrounding the door glass, is it still used on MB, and what is it? Just some colored chrome? I told one person it was chrome zinc oxide, since I had no clue, and they believed me!!!

Also, I am about to leatherique my interior, and was wondering about the elbow rest on all four doors, and the pieces running from the elbow rest, leading up to the plastic top of the interior door (where the lock push down is)-hopefully that makes since- are they covered in leather?? My wife thinks they are not, but I swear it is, I can see pore holes, feels like leather, and it appears to be upholtstered. Surly the side airbag cover is too?

And what is up with the single wiper!!!???

thanks guys, been pondering these little questions since I got my car 1 month ago!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 & W210
Originally Posted by rhettnashmb
Alright you w210 fanatics, some questions to humor me with:

I have been asked twice now about the "darkish" chrome on my 2000 E430that surrounds the back window, front window, and surrounding the door glass, is it still used on MB, and what is it? Just some colored chrome? I told one person it was chrome zinc oxide, since I had no clue, and they believed me!!!

Also, I am about to leatherique my interior, and was wondering about the elbow rest on all four doors, and the pieces running from the elbow rest, leading up to the plastic top of the interior door (where the lock push down is)-hopefully that makes since- are they covered in leather?? My wife thinks they are not, but I swear it is, I can see pore holes, feels like leather, and it appears to be upholtstered. Surly the side airbag cover is too?

And what is up with the single wiper!!!???

thanks guys, been pondering these little questions since I got my car 1 month ago!!!

I don't think anyone has ever brought those questions up before.
Now that you mention it, I am starting to wonder myself.
I don't have the answers but I would like to know too.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430 sport
I was also wondering, along the same lines of the leather armrest, if all of the seat surfaces are leather. I know on my BMW and Porsche, it was leather "sitting" areas, back sides were not leather. I know it really wont matter when I use the leatherique pristine cleaner, just would like to know.

And the wiper thing, I wanted to know what advantages could be associated with ONE wiper. Seems like a lot more moving parts, more possible trouble, and they don't use this monowiper anymore. Kinda cool though. My wife wasn't expecting the one wiper when it started raining on us, and she must of laughed for about 30 min when she first saw it.
thanks
Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Actually the single wiper I had on my W210 I liked better than the conventional dual wiper on my W211 and my ML500. It seems to cover more area and is quieter. It seemed to do a better job.