E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Well, My car gone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by sosh
Well, you already lied to the DMV and committed fraud. Now you will not disclose the accident or the extent of the damages to the buyer and that too is fraud. Wait till they get you in court, big fine, big payment to the buyer and the DMV gets involved, no license for many years and a fine. You are going to wish you never owned this car. Besides if you do not have 10 grand in the bank you can't afford any car, let alone an MB.
Why do you sound like a d*ck so bad ? You have no helpful tips & advices, only bark like a loser about how he should have done this or that ?. Nate is right, only if the car is going through insurance for repair, then the salv title apply. If he spend his own money on it, who care ? As long as he reported the accident to DMV that it's more than $750 for repair, that's all fine. And what accident nowaday cost less than $750 ?

Do society a favor: don't bread !!!. We don't need people like you.

Last edited by zam2000; 02-25-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally Posted by Nate
what will you charge for it?
It is white color, with fog light and the stripe. $200 pick up.
Old 02-25-2007 | 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As some of you know, I got into a car accident leaving me with this.

I thought I had full coverage seeing that all of the other cars in our house hold do. But for some reason, my car seemed to be the only car without full coverage and with Liability only. So.. that leaves me with the quote. The quote was $9300... I do not know what i'm going to do, it is completely ridiculous. I mean, the car has NO internal damage, no engine damage, nothing. It's ONLY body work, no frame damage either. They are charging me for 92 hours of labor ($5000 in labor alone). The car isn't even worth fixing. I can't afford to fix this, I can't afford to buy another car. I fear that I might be saying good-bye to mercedes benz and you all...a 10,000 car down the drain..
At this point, you might not have to go w/ OEM part, not to mention lot of bodyshop now use aftermarket part anyway.

I do a quick check, and you can get a fender on eBay for $120, hood for around $250-300. You probably want to call junkyard and get even better deal (and OEM part !!!). You already have the light, for the bumper, I'm sure you can strike deal w/ people around here for $300 or less (lot of people upgrade light & bumper, so there're stock part available).

Since it's look like your suspension & steering system are intact, the fix to internal damage probably limit to light mount & radiator mount, couple hours labor.

Don't know where you're in SoCal, but judging by pix of your car, provided that you have all of the replacement part, I think I can have my friend shop take care for all of the labor (including repair & paint) for $1000-1500, $2K at most. His shop is in Redondo beach, handle lot of European car.

Btw, your bumper might be repairable (since it's only the bumper cover, not the one that handle crash absort), some shop now use carbon fiber to path it.

Last edited by zam2000; 02-25-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 03:55 AM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by zam2000
At this point, you might not have to go w/ OEM part, not to mention lot of bodyshop now use aftermarket part anyway.

I do a quick check, and you can get a fender on eBay for $120, hood for around $250-300. You probably want to call junkyard and get even better deal (and OEM part !!!). You already have the light, for the bumper, I'm sure you can strike deal w/ people around here for $300 or less (lot of people upgrade light & bumper, so there're stock part available).

Since it's look like your suspension & steering system are intact, the fix to internal damage probably limit to light mount & radiator mount, couple hours labor.

Don't know where you're in SoCal, but judging by pix of your car, provided that you have all of the replacement part, I think I can have my friend shop take care for all of the labor (including repair & paint) for $1000-1500, $2K at most. His shop is in Redondo beach, handle lot of European car.

Btw, your bumper might be repairable (since it's only the bumper cover, not the one that handle crash absort), some shop now use carbon fiber to path it.
Thanks Zam for the replies and support, I went to local junk yards in hopes of finding some pieces, but only found pieces that had many dings etc. Today, I dropped off the car at Kelly's Auto Body, they gave me a quote of $5000, but I get to take $500 off from that since I have the headlight and fogs. So basically $4500 for the job, and it will be slightly less since $4500 is only a quote. I am located in Anaheim, CA. Where is Redondo Beach? I can't find it in google maps :$
Old 02-25-2007 | 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Well I guess I'm being ignored but I'll post the info. anyway. I have a body shop and a junkyard at my figure tips and their both owned by friends. They are both in the San Fernando Valley just about 10 mins. north of the Burbank Airport. I don't know if they'll have all of the parts you need but I know for a fact there are quite a few W210's in the lot. Here is the name and number of the junkyard; don't forget to ask for Tony or Jesse and tell them that Jimmy sent you and that you're from mbworld:

Mercedes & BMW Auto Parts & Dismantling Inc.
(818) 897-9180
benz_bmwautoparts@verizon.net

If you care and need the info. to the body shop, don't hesitate to ask. I'm out...
Old 02-25-2007 | 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Yo a fender aint $600 like tommy said. I paid like 450 for my AMG fender. regular fender is cheaper. Hood I dont know, cant be that much. **** I got a hood but it's for 2000+.
Old 02-25-2007 | 10:26 AM

'98 E320 4Matic, '85 380SL
Thanks Zam for the replies and support, I went to local junk yards in hopes of finding some pieces, but only found pieces that had many dings etc. Today, I dropped off the car at Kelly's Auto Body, they gave me a quote of $5000, but I get to take $500 off from that since I have the headlight and fogs. So basically $4500 for the job, and it will be slightly less since $4500 is only a quote. I am located in Anaheim, CA. Where is Redondo Beach? I can't find it in google maps :$
Redondo is about a mile south of the end of the 91.
Old 02-25-2007 | 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by zam2000
Why do you sound like a d*ck so bad ? You have no helpful tips & advices, only bark like a loser about how he should have done this or that ?. Nate is right, only if the car is going through insurance for repair, then the salv title apply. If he spend his own money on it, who care ? As long as he reported the accident to DMV that it's more than $750 for repair, that's all fine. And what accident nowaday cost less than $750 ?

Do society a favor: don't bread !!!. We don't need people like you.
I did give this guy advice, to scrap the car. There is no way that his cost and value estimates are accurate. Its worth less than he thinks witout an accident worth far less than he thinks after a major repair. And, Nate this is a public forum and if you do not like the replys to your questions don't ask them here. Your response to my comments are as lame as his, maybe you are 2 of a kind!!
Old 02-25-2007 | 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Well I guess I'm being ignored but I'll post the info. anyway. I have a body shop and a junkyard at my figure tips and their both owned by friends. They are both in the San Fernando Valley just about 10 mins. north of the Burbank Airport. I don't know if they'll have all of the parts you need but I know for a fact there are quite a few W210's in the lot. Here is the name and number of the junkyard; don't forget to ask for Tony or Jesse and tell them that Jimmy sent you and that you're from mbworld:

Mercedes & BMW Auto Parts & Dismantling Inc.
(818) 897-9180
benz_bmwautoparts@verizon.net

If you care and need the info. to the body shop, don't hesitate to ask. I'm out...
I second on Jimmy. I've heard people buying part from this place w/ great deal. You definitely want to give them a try. After you get all the part, I think either Jimmy or I should be able to refer you to bodyshop that we know.
Old 02-25-2007 | 12:22 PM

1998 E320
Thanks Jimmy, i'll give them a call on Monday seeing that it's probably closed today. Hopefully they will have the parts and I will be able to pick them up. Zam, if you are just near the end of the 91, then you aren't far from me at all.

Sosh, get off my thread please. I don't care for your comments and others don't care for them either. So I would appreciate if you left. Also, i'm not offended by you telling me that I should scrap the car, I'm offended by you telling me that I committed fraud and that I am going to end up in court etc.Yes, it is a public forum, but accusing me of those sort of things are insults.

Last edited by OldNate; 02-25-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 12:24 PM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Yo a fender aint $600 like tommy said. I paid like 450 for my AMG fender. regular fender is cheaper. Hood I dont know, cant be that much. **** I got a hood but it's for 2000+.
Yes, you are correct. On the quotes, a new fender is about $300. I can probably get a used one for about $150ish?
Old 02-25-2007 | 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Thanks Jimmy, i'll give them a call on Monday seeing that it's probably closed today. Hopefully they will have the parts and I will be able to pick them up. Zam, if you are just near the end of the 91, then you aren't far from me at all.

Sosh, get off my thread please. I don't care for your comments and others don't care for them either. So I would appreciate if you left. Also, i'm not offended by you telling me that I should scrap the car, I'm offended by you telling me that I committed fraud and that I am going to end up in court etc.Yes, it is a public forum, but accusing me of those sort of things are insults.
As I had previously said, this is a public forrum and I am certainly within my rights to post my feelings about your questions here whether you like them or not. Its not your thread
Old 02-25-2007 | 03:07 PM

W210 E320
Its not your thread
whose thread is this then??

Nate these damages aren't worth scrapping the car, trust me on this and keep making trips to the scrapyards, and you will find parts that you're looking for. and find a really good body shop

And as for you slush plz crawl back to that hole were u came from you lowlife freak
Old 02-25-2007 | 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As I had previously said, this is a public forrum and I am certainly within my rights to post my feelings about your questions here whether you like them or not. Its not your thread
Lady and gentlement: WE HAVE A WINNER !!! . The long long search for the biggest loser in America stop here: Mr POOOPP, I mean SOSH.

Please present the trophy (music.....). Alright, Mr Pooop, pls make your speech, make it as long and as pathetic as you want, since it's your freedom of expression to execise here.

Alright, done w/ your speech ? Back to your cave, boy.

Last edited by zam2000; 02-25-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2007 | 01:28 AM

1998 E320
Haha, thanks everyone. I couldn't stand Sosh so I just added him to ignore :p I'll continue making trips to salvage yards looking for parts. The body shop is supposed to start working on my car tomorrow!
Old 02-26-2007 | 02:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
seriously the estimates you got are ridiculous, those shops are trying to rape you.
get second opinions, thirds, etc. whatever it takes.
don't you guys have any russian shops around? they would fix that baby up with 3000 max including everything, even paint
as for parts, check local junk yards first, they are networked countrywide so they can get them for you if another yard has them etc.
take your time, put some effort into it and you'll save a bunch
regards
Old 03-01-2007 | 05:43 PM

Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Nate, I was just wondering ...

I bet you know the price and detail of every single component in your car but how in the world do you manage to own and drive a car and not realize you don't have comprehensive insurance? Don't you get your monthly bill from Geico? I get mine every month and need to renew the insurance policy every six months. My auto insurance card is one of the most important documents I keep in both my wallet and my glove compartment and whenever the cops give me a ticket it is one of three things they ask: Driver's license, Registration, and Insurance. Are you a teenager (meaning your father pays for all insurance costs) hence you were not aware of your car's insurance.

I sympathize with you dude in this extremely painfull mistake and I pray and hope for your sake that you don't make the same mistake again.
Old 03-01-2007 | 05:51 PM

'98 E320 4Matic, '85 380SL
comprehensive is theft, vandalism, etc.

i'm sure you mean collision instead
Old 03-01-2007 | 05:58 PM

1998 E320
[QUOTE=Paxfobiscum;2051358] Are you a teenager (meaning your father pays for all insurance costs) hence you were not aware of your car's insurance.[QUOTE]
Correct. I pay for repairs etc. my father pays for insurance as birthday/christmas presents.
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:32 PM

this sucks, i hope everything works out for u, its such a nice car...
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:52 PM

01 E320
If you dont decide to keep it, I might be interested in the wheels + tires
Old 03-01-2007 | 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
I agree fix this car it does not look that bad... hehehe yah look for russian body shops they will do much better then price you got... good luck and enjoy your ride
Old 03-02-2007 | 12:52 PM

2007 E550
Fix and sell, then upgrade.
Old 03-03-2007 | 10:24 PM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by TruE320Ridah14
Fix and sell, then upgrade.
I'm in the process of fixing it, I decided im going to drive it till it dies. I really do love this car. Ill maybe hit 250k miles then get rid of it it. I'll keep it through college.
Old 03-04-2007 | 09:29 AM

'09 CLK550 & 2012 E350
I'm starting to understand why your policy was liability only. Insuring a teenager in a high repair dollar car, in a heavy traffic urban environment is expensive. I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess as to the premium. The collision/comprehensive coverage for your car is probably almost as much as the coverage for all the other vehicles in your household. Your father probably weighed the cost of full coverage versus the value or repair cost of your car and hoped that you would A) not be involved in an accident or B) you wouldn't be at fault if you were in an accident.

After you get the car repaired, no doubt insurance coverage will be an important question for your household.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, My car gone?