E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Some new mods....Godfather style.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Oliverk
im sorry?
just cause my car happens to be a **** box, I can't think two license plates look stupid?

My car is bone stock.

If I would ever mod a car, I would only do so in performance mods, not cheesy headliners, hearse curtains and dual license plates.

maybe that nonsense would attract attention in LA, but here, it would get laughed at.
speaking of cheesy mods and getting laughed at, what happened to the ford mustang wheels you thought were a direct bolt-on to your mercedes?
Old 03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
....babe is out celebrating her birthday with her girlfriends. which would
she find more enjoyable as she transits the clubs?

A) lowered, gangsta black E55 with diamond shaped headliner and rear curtains?

B) OEM E320 with constant squeek in steering column, weak blower motor,
rattling headligner and Gumby headrests.....and whose driver is muttering curses
while trying to work CD changer and reading non-functioning dash menus.?

you've done nothing but highlight ailments on your car every couple of weeks
since you bought it, yet you feel all righteous giving the finger to Godfather's
ride....which he's given lots of TLC over the past couple of years?

I think we know which one would get laughed at.....even outside of LA
Old 03-11-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW

i like the side curtains alot actually
Old 03-11-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by raymond g-
....babe is out celebrating her birthday with her girlfriends. which would
she find more enjoyable as she transits the clubs?

A) lowered, gangsta black E55 with diamond shaped headliner and rear curtains?

B) OEM E320 with constant squeek in steering column, weak blower motor,
rattling headligner and Gumby headrests.....and whose driver is muttering curses
while trying to work CD changer and reading non-functioning dash menus.?

you've done nothing but highlight ailments on your car every couple of weeks
since you bought it, yet you feel all righteous giving the finger to Godfather's
ride....which he's given lots of TLC over the past couple of years?

I think we know which one would get laughed at.....even outside of LA
One its a 430.

Two, I don't care what some gutter trash ***** thinks of my car. I don't pick up girls in clubs.

Gangsta black? I didn't know there were so many thugs on this board.

If my gf ever saw that headliner or curtains on my car, Id have to take her to ER cause she'd be laughing so hard.

I bought a piece of **** example of the model. Yet i would take this pos, with its squeaky steering and banging headrests over some "pimp my ride" crap, any day.

And if I need a car to attract attention, I'll use this one

Old 03-11-2007, 04:56 PM

W210 E320
One its a 430.

Two, I don't care what some gutter trash ***** thinks of my car. I don't pick up girls in clubs.

Gangsta black? I didn't know there were so many thugs on this board.

If my gf ever saw that headliner or curtains on my car, Id have to take her to ER cause she'd be laughing so hard.

I bought a piece of **** example of the model. Yet i would take this pos, with its squeaky steering and banging headrests over some "pimp my ride" crap, any day.

And if I need a car to attract attention, I'll use this one

do girls still fall for Mustangs?? wow girls in NJ are WEIRD

common don't fool urslf by thinking you always have the last word. Atleast show some respect for people who will mod their cars even if they are NOT meant to be modded

this is one of the reasons I respect Godfather not coz he's one of the koolest guys on the 210 boards but he knows he will make his car stand out of the crowd and not give 2 ****s about haters who canonly nag at how they were ripped off with their "POS" 210s

and besides not every girl who goes clubbing to have a good time is a **** looking to get laid badly and kiss gold hineys

before you even start on my ride lemme tell you that even though it's a daily rider i'm working hard on making it unique and I know that I can pull it off because there arnt any other 210s that I have seen that will look close to what I'm planning for it, p.s I kno if I want to sell it I would get mad props over it

BTW if ur hearin this mike i'm not gonna be an a$$ kisser jus plain honest on what I see
Old 03-11-2007, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by ReZzZ320
do girls still fall for Mustangs?? wow girls in NJ are WEIRD

common don't fool urslf by thinking you always have the last word. Atleast show some respect for people who will mod their cars even if they are NOT meant to be modded

this is one of the reasons I respect Godfather not coz he's one of the koolest guys on the 210 boards but he knows he will make his car stand out of the crowd and not give 2 ****s about haters who canonly nag at how they were ripped off with their "POS" 210s

and besides not every girl who goes clubbing to have a good time is a **** looking to get laid badly and kiss gold hineys

before you even start on my ride lemme tell you that even though it's a daily rider i'm working hard on making it unique and I know that I can pull it off because there arnt any other 210s that I have seen that will look close to what I'm planning for it, p.s I kno if I want to sell it I would get mad props over it

BTW if ur hearin this mike i'm not gonna be an a$$ kisser jus plain honest on what I see
who said anything about girls. Neither a 7 year old benz nor a mustang cobra is gonna impress girls out here. (unless you like 16 year olds)

Godfather is free to do whatever he wants to the car, and Im free to give my opinion on the matter.

I could drive a bright pink civic that would stand out, but that wouldn't make it clean, classy, or even the least bit attractive. Also notice how the problems with my 210 are very common matters (a simple search will show this), so maybe its the model thats a pos, not just my car.

Any girl who is attracted to a guy because of his car is not a girl I would waste my time with. That kinda stuff is pathetic.

mad props? I don't even know what that means. Your vehicle looks fairly stock, and thats how it should remain (short of some tasteful stuff).

Surprisingly, alexbenz or whoever it was with the widebody kit, made his car look pretty good. diamond headliners is just cheesy, and don't get me started on the side curtains.

Sorry, Im not a "balla" who cares about attracting "club honeys". I figured that might be the crowd on the civic forum, but at a place for stately conservative sedans, its quite surprising.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Neither a 7 year old benz nor a mustang cobra is gonna impress girls out here.
I seem to impress the Orange County girls just fine with my 9 year old Benz

The key to modifying any car is not what you begin with, but what you finish with
Old 03-11-2007, 06:26 PM

W210 E320
who said anything about girls. Neither a 7 year old benz nor a mustang cobra is gonna impress girls out here. (unless you like 16 year olds)

Godfather is free to do whatever he wants to the car, and Im free to give my opinion on the matter.

I could drive a bright pink civic that would stand out, but that wouldn't make it clean, classy, or even the least bit attractive. Also notice how the problems with my 210 are very common matters (a simple search will show this), so maybe its the model thats a pos, not just my car.

Any girl who is attracted to a guy because of his car is not a girl I would waste my time with. That kinda stuff is pathetic.

mad props? I don't even know what that means. Your vehicle looks fairly stock, and thats how it should remain (short of some tasteful stuff).

Surprisingly, alexbenz or whoever it was with the widebody kit, made his car look pretty good. diamond headliners is just cheesy, and don't get me started on the side curtains.

Sorry, Im not a "balla" who cares about attracting "club honeys". I figured that might be the crowd on the civic forum, but at a place for stately conservative sedans, its quite surprising.
well you have your conservative views on certain cars that aren't too favorable in this forum.

I hope you realize that there are too many people here *****ing bout problems on their 210 which kinda ticks me off bcoz the ones who are trying to be creative with their rides are being let down by the attitude of members like YOU.

Take a look at the 203 and 124 sections and see wht type of threads are open there. I bet your argument is that they are better bult than the 210s but that's not the whole story, hell why don't you pay them a visit and figure it out for yourself??

If you really enjoy taking hits on the 210 go ahead but don't expect to come out as a preacher of truth coz they're POS and that ppl should steer away from them.

In the end it's all common sense if you don't like the car coz of the problems just get rid of it and get a LEXUS or anything else but please try not to go around using "freedom of expression" as an excuse to get you off

man ur like a guy who wil clean out an "all you can eat for a dollar" diner and still ask for more
Old 03-11-2007, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
I seem to impress the Orange County girls just fine with my 9 year old Benz

The key to modifying any car is not what you begin with, but what you finish with
1. how old are these girls?
2. aside from the wheels, I think your car looks nice.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
well you have your conservative views on certain cars that aren't too favorable in this forum.

I hope you realize that there are too many people here *****ing bout problems on their 210 which kinda ticks me off bcoz the ones who are trying to be creative with their rides are being let down by the attitude of members like YOU.

Take a look at the 203 and 124 sections and see wht type of threads are open there. I bet your argument is that they are better bult than the 210s but that's not the whole story, hell why don't you pay them a visit and figure it out for yourself??

If you really enjoy taking hits on the 210 go ahead but don't expect to come out as a preacher of truth coz they're POS and that ppl should steer away from them.

In the end it's all common sense if you don't like the car coz of the problems just get rid of it and get a LEXUS or anything else but please try not to go around using "freedom of expression" as an excuse to get you off

man ur like a guy who wil clean out an "all you can eat for a dollar" diner and still ask for more
Im sorry, i expect more from a car than what mb offered in the 210. The car has a lot of issues, from blowing head gaskets in the 320, to frying the etc unit with tranny fluid, to spring perches damn near falling off, to squeaky steering, rattling sunroofs, blowing bulbs, a cup holder that places a beverage in a perfect place to spill and cause thousands in damage, etc etc. Face it, the car is not built very well.

If you want to modify you car, go for it. But don't expect "mad props" from me, or the other people that appreciate clean, classy looking vehicles.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:03 PM

W210 E320
Im sorry, i expect more from a car than what mb offered in the 210. The car has a lot of issues, from blowing head gaskets in the 320, to frying the etc unit with tranny fluid, to spring perches damn near falling off, to squeaky steering, rattling sunroofs, blowing bulbs, a cup holder that places a beverage in a perfect place to spill and cause thousands in damage, etc etc. Face it, the car is not built very well.

If you want to modify you car, go for it. But don't expect "mad props" from me, or the other people that appreciate clean, classy looking vehicles.
if you really did expect those things but they didn't deliver then don't go placing the blame on the manufacturer. No car comapny is perfect and not even Lexus, Bimmer, Audi, Acura OR Infiniti are perfect as well so try not to go moan to MB expecting an apology for being crap

you may think they may not be well built then so obviously you don't know bout the 210 taxis all over europe and asia and how many miles these cars clock, hell back her our cop cars are 210s as well and they still run aswell. Try telling the police that the 210 is NOT built very well (BTW these cars DO know how to catch up on badass sedans)

anyways i'm not asking for mad props as well just try not to nag too much that's all we're asking, and besides the solution to all ur merc problems are very obvious
Old 03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
1. how old are these girls?
2. aside from the wheels, I think your car looks nice.
1. College
2. I love my wheels: you need to see them in person to appreciate them (3" lip front, 4" lip rear)...old wheels

Old 03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
if you really did expect those things but they didn't deliver then don't go placing the blame on the manufacturer. No car comapny is perfect and not even Lexus, Bimmer, Audi, Acura OR Infiniti are perfect as well so try not to go moan to MB expecting an apology for being crap

you may think they may not be well built then so obviously you don't know bout the 210 taxis all over europe and asia and how many miles these cars clock, hell back her our cop cars are 210s as well and they still run aswell. Try telling the police that the 210 is NOT built very well (BTW these cars DO know how to catch up on badass sedans)

anyways i'm not asking for mad props as well just try not to nag too much that's all we're asking, and besides the solution to all ur merc problems are very obvious

ah, the old mileage scenario again. With the proper maintenance and replacement parts, any vehicle can go 300 or 400k miles. It just becomes a question of whether its worth it or not monetarily.

Police cars are meticulously maintained (or they should be). The mechanicals may be fine, but that doesn't mean that their steering wheels don't squeak, their headliners don't rattle etc.

So the solutions to my problems are obvious huh?

Sure, I can replace the steering rack, replace the headliner, velcro down the head rests, and replace the entire front suspension.

And then, after having spent 6k, something else will break.

Id rather deal with the problems until I find a better car or get used to it.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:44 PM

1998 E320
Olive, **** off. As you can see by now, NO ONE wants you here. Oh, and another thing, you are saying W210 sucks? YOU HAVE A FORD MUSTANG. THAT IS ONE OF THE WORST CARS EVER BUILT. Live rear axel, not safe AKA TIN CAN, built like a pinto, can only go straight, and IT'S AMERICAN.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Youngtimer
please do one of them. quickly.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by Nate
Olive, **** off. As you can see by now, NO ONE wants you here. Oh, and another thing, you are saying W210 sucks? YOU HAVE A FORD MUSTANG. THAT IS ONE OF THE WORST CARS EVER BUILT. Live rear axel, not safe AKA TIN CAN, built like a pinto, can only go straight, and IT'S AMERICAN.
Wow....
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
hahahaahha.............what a thread
Old 03-12-2007, 03:20 AM

W210 E320
ah, the old mileage scenario again. With the proper maintenance and replacement parts, any vehicle can go 300 or 400k miles. It just becomes a question of whether its worth it or not monetarily.

Police cars are meticulously maintained (or they should be). The mechanicals may be fine, but that doesn't mean that their steering wheels don't squeak, their headliners don't rattle etc.

So the solutions to my problems are obvious huh?

Sure, I can replace the steering rack, replace the headliner, velcro down the head rests, and replace the entire front suspension.

And then, after having spent 6k, something else will break.

from what I know bout these 210 taxis the only major serivce they had were new timing chains.

and what's with the retardation attitude?? Are you really too retarded to figure out the obvious??
Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos

and what's with the retardation attitude?? Are you really too retarded to figure out the obvious??
that I should buy a better car?

yeah I guess thats a pretty good solution.

as for nate, thats hysterical. The mustang is built like total ****, but yet the steering doesn't squeak, the headliner doesn't rattle, the springs stay attached to the body, the seats don't clack every time you accelerate, and it handles just fine. For what its worth, my 99 cobra came from the factory with an independent rear suspension.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Youngtimer
why don't you just go trade in your car at a ford dealership? maybe a new fusion? you seem to enjoy their product, and are vocal enough in hating your car to the point that everyone is sick of listening to it, so just get rid of it while it's still worth anything. i don't get why you are so long-suffering and yet do nothing to rectify your situation. i KNOW you are not a moron, so i can only assume you are a masochist of some sort. a soon-to-be taurus-driving masochist.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
why don't you just go trade in your car at a ford dealership? maybe a new fusion? you seem to enjoy their product, and are vocal enough in hating your car to the point that everyone is sick of listening to it, so just get rid of it while it's still worth anything. i don't get why you are so long-suffering and yet do nothing to rectify your situation. i KNOW you are not a moron, so i can only assume you are a masochist of some sort. a soon-to-be taurus-driving masochist.
I am rectifying the situation. Im fixing the problems. The car has all the features I like, and hopefully I can work the problems out.

Im just disappointed that I have to do so much stuff to get the car to point where it doesn't squeak, rattle, or clunk.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:14 PM

W210 E320
I am rectifying the situation. Im fixing the problems. The car has all the features I like, and hopefully I can work the problems out.

Im just disappointed that I have to do so much stuff to get the car to point where it doesn't squeak, rattle, or clunk.
boohoohooo wanna napkin???
Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
that I should buy a better car?

yeah I guess thats a pretty good solution.

as for nate, thats hysterical. The mustang is built like total ****, but yet the steering doesn't squeak, the headliner doesn't rattle, the springs stay attached to the body, the seats don't clack every time you accelerate, and it handles just fine. For what its worth, my 99 cobra came from the factory with an independent rear suspension.
doesnt the mustang have a solid rear axle?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM

1998 E320

Well, there can't be that many E320's with that problem. The closest thing iv'e had to that was rattling steering wheel, and it turned out that the aftermarket rims I purchased were messed up. Otherwise no problems.

I'm assuming you bought the car used, and with any used car, you are going to have to make adjustments to fix.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
lol. Anybody notice a recent influx in poorly modded W210 and people who own them thinking they are entitled to clowning the OG W210 modders? I attribute this to the W210 becoming available to the sub $10k car lots lol. Ojale Buey!

Thanks for backing me up people, as well as backing up the trusty W210 chassis.

This weekend, Hank, with his euro trunk lid that has two license plates stacked on as well, won Best VIP Mercedes at Hot Import Nights San Mateo, and I won 3rd place HIN Challenge. Point made. 'nuff said.

Some pics of the cars rolling back from the show:

Me:

Hank:

Last edited by The Godfather; 03-12-2007 at 06:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some new mods....Godfather style.