E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 C36AMG
Unhappy Help!!!!

hi guys i have a 97E420, i just did an oil change on my car, i used chevron supreme 15w-30 motor oil , that my dad bought, i added a new oil filter, i did the oil change myself, plus i added chevron supreme fuel injector cleaner, after i got a bad rubber burning or even sewage smell from the exaust, and the car feels like it lost power, and also, when i floor it it doesn't feel the same, when i push the gas down in kinda sputters, and it feels like soemthing is holding it back when it's going, like i'm dragging something heavy behind me that's pulling it then letting it go, also i added lucas oil stabilizer in the motor!! please don't tell me that was a bad idea, i'm really scared for my car, plus i'm a college student i don't have money to pay for this car if it gets damaged, it's been great till i ****ed with the engine, i feel horrible, anyone knwo what to tell me?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320 4Matic Wagon & 1997 E320
Originally Posted by Z06EATER
hi guys i have a 97E420, i just did an oil change on my car, i used chevron supreme 15w-30 motor oil , that my dad bought, i added a new oil filter, i did the oil change myself, plus i added chevron supreme fuel injector cleaner, after i got a bad rubber burning or even sewage smell from the exaust, and the car feels like it lost power, and also, when i floor it it doesn't feel the same, when i push the gas down in kinda sputters, and it feels like soemthing is holding it back when it's going, like i'm dragging something heavy behind me that's pulling it then letting it go, also i added lucas oil stabilizer in the motor!! please don't tell me that was a bad idea, i'm really scared for my car, plus i'm a college student i don't have money to pay for this car if it gets damaged, it's been great till i ****ed with the engine, i feel horrible, anyone knwo what to tell me?
Well, this is the first time I heard of a chevron supreme 15w-30 motor oil.

Yes, it is a bad idea to add lucas oil stabilizer in the motor.

If your car was running fine before the oil change, chances are that you either disturbed something or knocked something loose or off.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Z06EATER
I have not heard of that motor oil either....I am assuming you put the fuel injector cleaner into the gas tank and oil stabilizer into the motor. Try to keep driving to a minium, and get a complete oil change done ASAP and use a recommended oil. Might want to try a oil flush as well. Good Luck.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 PM

1997 C36AMG
guys

it was 10w-30 sorry!! thanks for the other replies anyone else have any opinions?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 E300 TD
Maybe he put fuel injector cleaner in w/the motor oil!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
lucas is a good company but i'd do an oil flush ASAP, then just use eather royal purple or mobil 1. as the saying goes, if it aint broke....don't fx it
Old 05-27-2007, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb Chevron

For what this is worth, MB approves of Chevron Techron Concentrate as a gasoline additive. The directions on the bottle recommend that we use it every 3000 miles and that is what I have been doing. I have never seen their "fuel injector cleaner" but that is partly what the Techron Concentrate is supposed to do. By the way if you ever decide to add it, use the larger bottle (treats up to 20 gallons).

I would also recommend that you change your oil again and replace it with Mobil1. Lucas is an old company that made it's name on the racing circuit. I suppose their products are good, but if MB does not recommend them, I would not use them in your Benz.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Musikmann; 05-27-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: adding to message