E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Throttle body squeal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 E320
Throttle body squeal

My car has been making a fairly loud squeal on acceleration for a while now. It happens when the engine is <=2000RPM, and at pretty most levels of acceleration (doesn't happen when floored). I'm getting around to cleaning the throttle body this afternoon...as this seems to be where the sound is eminating from.

Other than cleaning the throttle body (and properly lubricating the plate hinge with a drop of oil), is there anything else I can do to get rid of this annoyance?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 E320
Originally Posted by amgqmp1
My car has been making a fairly loud squeal on acceleration for a while now. It happens when the engine is <=2000RPM, and at pretty most levels of acceleration (doesn't happen when floored). I'm getting around to cleaning the throttle body this afternoon...as this seems to be where the sound is eminating from.

Other than cleaning the throttle body (and properly lubricating the plate hinge with a drop of oil), is there anything else I can do to get rid of this annoyance?
Cleaning and lubrication didn't necessarily help...I can still hear the air rush into the throttle body quite freq. Anyone have any thoughts, or, do I need to put a carbon fiber hood on before you'll respond? (Just kidding!)