E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Drivers power seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers power seat

Hey there, i recently went for a drive in my car and i tried adjusting the seat a little to recline backwards and it wouldn't recline back at all. Instead it would move forward while i am pressing backwards recline.

Also a while back another issue i had, i would press the button to move the seat backward and it would go forward. I researched the fix to that which was to move the seat all the way forward dead stop. I tried to do that again to maybe fix the reclining issue and that doesn't work still goes forward while pressing back.

Also my headrest doesn't go up or down.
Any ideas or things to look at? Fuses maybe any help is appreciated thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 E320 (silver/black)
I'm thinking .....

there is something wrong with the control module under the dash. In my '97 E320, it is referred to as the N/10 module. This module controls a bunch of stuff like mirror and seat positions for the memory pre-sets. Have you checked to see if the pre-sets work?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you mean the pre seats as in the memmory buttons those do work. Today i was playing around with the recline button and sometimes i noticed it would work going backwards when the key was in position 2, always works going forward just not back. When the car was started (key position 3) i never got it to go backwards just forward it would go all the time.

As far as my headrest that hasn't worked for the longest time. It doesn't move up or down, however if i press the switch for the head rest i hear a like a little switch sound that comes from the bottom of the seat. The headrest is stuck in the highest position kinda is annoying.