E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Who on this board is running Valentine 1 Radar Datector??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL55

I think V1 is probably the most popular radar detector around.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 E55 '99 ML430 '96 C4 Cab
V1

hmrdwn - During daylight hours, I have the unit on the dash. It's attached with velcro. It blends in well with the charcoal color of the dash, and sits behind the inspection and county sticker. It's hard to see from the outside. At night I sometimes have it on the windshield. I have the remove placed on the inside on the ashtray door. It is out of my normal field of view when driving, and that is o'k as long as the car audio is not up too loud. When in VA, if I pick up a strong signal (K or Ka), I pull the unit down and prepare to stash it in the glove box. In general, I don't let the police see the unit, as they think that if you have one, you plan to break the law. I have only been caught once by the police with a radar detector in VA. The trooper was setting up in a crossover on I64, and didn't have his radar on. At that time I had a unit on the sun visor with a coiled cord running to the lighter plug. He was quite nice about it. They can take it for evidence, but have to return it in working order.
SL55 - The K40 is an elegant unit, and it works well as long as you don't speed. It uses 20 year old technology and its' performance is surpassed by every high end unit out there.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Almost a Member!

V1

hmrdwn - During daylight hours, I have the unit on the dash. It's attached with velcro. It blends in well with the charcoal color of the dash, and sits behind the inspection and county sticker. It's hard to see from the outside. At night I sometimes have it on the windshield. I have the remove placed on the inside on the ashtray door. It is out of my normal field of view when driving, and that is o'k as long as the car audio is not up too loud.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Almost a Member!

V1-continued

When in VA, if I pick up a strong signal (K or Ka), I pull the unit down and prepare to stash it in the glove box. In general, I don't let the police see the unit, as they think that if you have one, you plan to break the law. I have only been caught once by the police with a radar detector in VA. The trooper was setting up in a crossover on I64, and didn't have his radar on. At that time I had a unit on the sun visor with a coiled cord running to the lighter plug. He was quite nice about it. They can take it for evidence, but have to return it in working order.
SL55 - The K40 is an elegant unit, and it works well as long as you don't speed. It uses 20 year old technology and its' performance is surpassed by every high end unit out there.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:47 AM

'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
Re: V1-continued

Originally posted by Rich [/i]
The K40 is an elegant unit, and it works well as long as you don't speed.
LOL!

Haven't talked to you in a while Rich ... how are things with you?

One V1 question: You mentioned that you sometimes place the V1 on the dash. Doesn't that defeat the rear-detection capability? I thought I remembered Mr. Valentine state (somewhere on his website) that the V1 should be placed high, and with un-obstructed view front and rear.

Didn't we see a post on the old board of an E owner hard-wiriing his winshield-mounted V1 to the overhead console? (the console that houses the interior light switches). I've wanted to do that since I saw the post, but never got around to doing it ... now I can't find the post!