E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Dunlop Tires - Response to Earlier Post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Dunlop Tires - Response to Earlier Post

This is a response to MikeC's post earlier. I tried unsuccessfully to post a reply on the originating thread:

MikeC, you should read Rich's post. Unless you have solid evidence, I hope you're not implying that Dunlop tires have sidewall failure problem!!! I don't work for Dunlop but have driven Dunlops, Michelins, Goodyears and Bridgstones. Depending on the particular series of rubber from a given manufacturer, the ride is different. At 120, none of the performance versions of these high performance tires reveal noticeably poor performance. At xtreme handling (low speed rumbling and high speed blasts) on dry pavement, the Michelene and Bridgestones outperform anything I have ever driven on - my preference goes to B'Stones . On wet pavement, the Dunlops, I believe, are better. The Dunlops are typically less xpensive in this category. The GY's are overpriced in my humble opinion. I have found that Dunlops are very adquately priced, look good and are really for the daily driver, the above average performance enthusiast. I really don't think they are any worse than the Michelins at 120. At, 50 over a bumpy road, now that may be a different story!!!!