E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Does anyone have a W210 drivers side mirror glass for sale?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Does anyone have a W210 drivers side mirror glass for sale?

Please email me if you have one collecting dust.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
If no luck Autohaus has them for face lifted models (maybe others too) for around 340 delivered give or take with heat and day/night auto dim feature. It is the MB OES (Supplier) piece with the MB PN scratched out in the back but is identical to OEM. I bot one and it works perfectly. About 30secs to install. Snap out snap in new.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300DT
One option

I do not know how mechanically capable you are ,or if you would opt to do what I did?
When I bought my 1999 W210 the driver side mirror had a strange double image quality to it. It was so bad that I could not look thru it. I looked for a simple replacement glass to instal , but I could find nothing. I went to a window/glass guy I knew and he told me that that mirror was made up of two peices of glass with a liquid in between them. So I took the rubber trim off the mirror, removed the outer layer of glass. Thats when I saw the purple color liquid. I cleaned it all off of the mirrored glass and bonded back on the rubber trim.
Since then, no problem.
I do know that I lost whatever option the double glass/liquid formed, but it cost me nothing to do what I did. Now I can look thru my side mirror, no matter what was lost, + It cost me nothing to fix it.

Lowflyingbird

Last edited by Lowflyingbird; 12-13-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 535is, 89 318iT
Originally Posted by Lowflyingbird
I do not know how mechanically capable you are ,or if you would opt to do what I did?
When I bought my 1999 W210 the driver side mirror had a strange double image quality to it. It was so bad that I could not look thru it. I looked for a simple replacement glass to instal , but I could find nothing. I went to a window/glass guy I knew and he told me that that mirror was made up of two peices of glass with a liquid in between them. So I took the rubber trim off the mirror, removed the outer layer of glass. Thats when I saw the purple color liquid. I cleaned it all off of the mirrored glass and bonded back on the rubber trim.
Since then, no problem.
I do know that I lost whatever option the double glass/liquid formed, but it cost me nothing to do what I did. Now I can look thru my side mirror, no matter what was lost, + It cost me nothing to fix it.

Lowflyingbird
Now that's my kind of fix for what is a stupid, useless design. thanks, i'll have to try it.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Originally Posted by Lowflyingbird
Since then, no problem.

Lowflyingbird
The design is an auto dim feature to reduce glare from headlights coming from behind at night. Actually it is an inteligent design as night vision is a very sensitive thing and when disturbed by bright light can take several moments to return to normal. Your rear view interior mirror is also equipped the same way. If you ever drive at night for long distances (several hours) without this feature your eyes will feel tired. With this feature your ability to focus ahead over long periods of time is greatly improved. I drive Toronto to Pittsburgh (6-8 hours) frequently and the feature is a small blessing to have.