E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Head/Tail Light Problems!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 E450 wagon 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Head/Tail Light Problems!!

I have a 2002 E320 wagon with about 60,000 miles on it. I have been going through external light bulbs (head lights, brake lights, tail lights, etc.) like crazy. I had the entire tail light assembly replaced about a year ago and I'm starting to get the lamp defective (or whatever it says) error whenever I put the car into reverse. It doesn't happen every time, just some of the time. I also have a headlight that will sometimes give me the error message. Sometimes the headlight will turn on a few moments after I get the error message. Sometimes it doesn't.

I've had the dealer look into this intermittant problem just about everytime I've taken it in for regular service.

Sometimes the bulbs are actually burned out but just as often as not, the bulbs are fine.

I've never had a car that went through so many headlights and/or brake lights.

Does anybody else have this problem? It's more than just frustrating. I've been pulled over by the cops twice for having a brake or tail light out. So far, they just gave me a warning but it's still frustrating.

If this issue can't be resolved, I'm going to have to get another car and it won't be a Mercedes. I don't want to stop driving a Mercedes because of a really stupid issue like this.