E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Open door sensor(s)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320 wagon (210 chassis NOT a 211))
Open door sensor(s)?

I have a theory...
I think that several of the minor annoyance problems with my wagon may be due to just one "door open" sensor being bad.

Is there such a thing? If it were faulty on one door (oh, say the driver's side rear door, just as a random example ) what would you expect to go wrong?

Here are the things I think are related...
1) The rear driver's side door won't lock/unlock with the rest when central locking is activated. It has to be manually locked/unlocked.
2) When the car is locked remotely (using key FOB) the lights don't flash as they are supposed to (although they do flash when unlocking)
3) If I lock remotely, without locking the left rear door manually, then open said door from the outside, the alarm (99% of the time) does not go off. The alarm has only gone off twice since I've owned the car. Both times when it did go off, I cleared it, and then re-locked the doors, and strangely, the lights flashed as they are supposed to upon locking. I then unlocked and re-locked and they went back to not flashing & the alarm not working. (this intermittency is the main symptom which makes me think a switch/sensor of some sort may be faulty)
4) The key FOB panic button does not do anything.
5) The IR window up/down control feature of the key FOB does not work.
6) The automatic interior light switch (the middle left one of the four light switches) which is supposed to activate/deactivate the lights when opening or closing a door, instead just works to turn on all lights regardless of whether there is a door open. (This makes me think that the system thinks one door is always open).

I think I've listed everything. There may be some other "features" misbehaving that are also related to this, that I haven't noticed yet.

Please let me know your thoughts on whether all or some (& which) of the above might be related, and if so, related to the door open sensor or something else.... and if it's something I can fix my self!

Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320 wagon (210 chassis NOT a 211))
Aw geeze... 24 hours and 26 views and no responses? Darn...

Anyone have any ideas/suggesttions?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
hey i wanted to but i wanted to put more thought into it. i cant do that
at work because i have to Alt-Tab if someone walks by and it ruins my
concentration. i'll have to wait until the weekend.