E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Help with Diesel parts order - fuel line/system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
535i
Help with Diesel parts order - fuel line/system

This AM I come out to start the car.....tries to fire several times but never "catches". I pop the hood, and notice a lot of air in the lines. I'm trying to figure out where it's leaking. The car has 1/4 of gas left, and was left parked on an incline (nose up) overnight. I always park it there, and havn't had a problem with it in the last 4 months I've owned the car.

PO told me the injector Orings have all been replaced, and there were some fuel leaks that had been fixed. I've not noticed any fuel leaking/dripping.

I'm NEW to diesels and MB in general, so please bear with me.

Looking down at the filter, from the drivers side of the car. The line in the middle has a LOT of air in it. The line towards the engine (prefilter line?) has bubbles in it as well. The line closest to the fender doesn't seem to have much if any air in it.

Not sure where to start, but being down a car really sucks. I'm assuming I ought to replace the prefilter Oring and maybe go ahead and do the fuel filter while I'm there.

I did notice something weird while I was looking around there. There is a clear plastic fuel line with a white clip on each end. Neither one of these clips was "in", and I was able to lock them in without any problem.

A list of all the fuel components to replace would be great. I've also heard of some trick to get the car to crank for more than the 4-5 seconds it does, to facilitate priming of the system....unfortunately I can't find the procedure.

ANY help is appreciated!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
usually if there are air leaks into the fuel system on the w210 diesels, it's due to an o-ring failure.... Most common is the pre-filter o-ring. It's a larger o-ring and available @ the stealership.