E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430
Need Opinions

Hey guys, need a few opinions/suggestions on my 95' E320. I know it's a different model than this board but you guys have the best judgement . I am getting around to modifying my car and am wondering if you guys think clear turn signals (the covers, not the bulbs) would be a good decision on a silver 95' E320.

Also, I need to decide between 17' and 18' rims. Is it worth it to pay the extra money for 18' and will 18' ruin the ride? And are the replica rims they have at www.bekker.com of AMG wheels reliable or would it just be better to just cough up the money for real AMGs (the monoblocks and the 5 spoke AMGs are what I'm looking at).

Thanks for the help, I'm just starting out here with modding the Benz.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
amg wheels are expensive for a reason i guess. 18" shouldn't be too bad if u don't make the suspension too hard with aftermarket stuff. seen a couple with 18", really fills up the wheel wells. the chassis of these old e-class should be stiff enough for either without sacrificing too much comfort. 17 vs 18 shouldn't be too big of a difference in performance ... anything above 17 is for looks (IMHO), the weight of the large wheel adds up as detrimental unsprung weight, makes ur suspension work harder. if u do get the usual stiffer/lower springs and stiffer shocks, might wanna go for 17 as they have a bit better ride. cosmetics is really up to u and what u feel like. some guy in singapore with euro clear corners as standard on c-class commented on how he liked the amber ones in the us...u never know . another thing to look out for is if u live in an area littered with potholes and rough pavement...u will be looking at annoying blown tires...costly if u don't claim it against the city, which can be done. keeping it anonymous, a baseball player's new cl with 22" (or some obsurd size) had his front wheel jammed up into the wheel well and stuck; had tow truck with a bed bring it in. 17" would be easier in this case, but don't get me wrong, 18" do really look filling and good