E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

MB Changes Rules on Free Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
MB Changes Rules on Free Roadside Assistance

I received a letter from MBUSA recently to notify me that the conditions for free roadside assistance were changing on Jan. 1, 2011.

If your car is still under warranty, then no changes.

If your car is out of warranty (all W210's ?) you must be having it serviced regularly at a MB dealership. 'Regular servicing' is defined as at least one service visit where the charges are over $100 in the 18 months prior to the request for roadside assistance.

For those unfamiliar with the program, ANY MB owner (even if you bought the car used) can call 1-800-MERCedes and request assistance. They will send a service vehicle who will add some gas, jump start or change a tire for free. They will also arrange for towing or replace the battery but there are charges involved. Some people have posted that they had them come out and replace their battery while they were at work. Besides recycling the old battery they will resync everything and recode the radio if needed. All for the same price that you would pay if you purchased the battery at the parts dept window.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
01 E320
Originally Posted by RichardM98
I received a letter from MBUSA recently to notify me that the conditions for free roadside assistance were changing on Jan. 1, 2011.

If your car is still under warranty, then no changes.

If your car is out of warranty (all W210's ?) you must be having it serviced regularly at a MB dealership. 'Regular servicing' is defined as at least one service visit where the charges are over $100 in the 18 months prior to the request for roadside assistance.

For those unfamiliar with the program, ANY MB owner (even if you bought the car used) can call 1-800-MERCedes and request assistance. They will send a service vehicle who will add some gas, jump start or change a tire for free. They will also arrange for towing or replace the battery but there are charges involved. Some people have posted that they had them come out and replace their battery while they were at work. Besides recycling the old battery they will resync everything and recode the radio if needed. All for the same price that you would pay if you purchased the battery at the parts dept window.
I bought my w210 used 5 years ago, have never visited a dealership, and hopefully never will. I'll stick with AAA if I need to get towed and I'd buy my battery at Autozone when it craps out on me.

Last edited by 01BlackE320; 01-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.