E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

TRANSMISSION 722.6 PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 1998
TRANSMISSION 722.6 PROBLEMS

Hi, my mercedes 210 1998 has problems with the 722.6 transmission. Before my mechanic repaired the transmission (6 days ago) the transmission had difficulties to shift from 2nd to 3rd gear and so. Also sometimes it gets in neutral, then, when I turned it off the problem was solved temporarily. But I noticed that these problems occur when car was cold, as soon as it gets to 80Cē it works better. I put the scanner 2 times and erase the error codes and the car runs perfect for one week. After this time, the transmission stuck in 2nd gear all time and made a knock noise when I turned into R or D. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The scanner showed just a disc slippery and body valve problems. I already replaced a broken spring in body valve
Fluid level is ok<o:p></o:p>
The cpu`s, ecus box is dry. <o:p></o:p>
The most expert transmission mechanic who worked for 30 years at mercedes dealer, open the transmission and told me that he didn`t find any problem, just two of the smallest discs worn out. He changed all gaskets and seals (form kit) and replaced all four small discs.<o:p></o:p>
Ok, yesterday the transmission gets in neutral and and limp house again (3rd gear) I turned it off an on and disappears<o:p></o:p>
I am worried about it because I don`t know what is happening. Can you help me?<o:p></o:p>
Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the transmission DTC read by a dealer or an indie with a SDS or DAS system. Happened to me 3 weeks ago, gear stucked in 3rd & reverse only, brought it to an indie with a DAS system, turned out to be a weak battery, replaced the battery & all is fine. Just my .02.