E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

New Look of my W210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Seriously, everybody like it but how we know its legit ?! $400 + shipping lets say total $700 which is not the craziest thing. I am about to purchase a set from here but not too sure yet, its $500 and I can get details from the vendor. Price aside, we need more info, how is the fitment, what kind of material, etc.........

Max, which one you think its better looking ? the one on my thread or this one ?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
What this Gentleman has done looks really nice .. but then again experience has taught me " the hard way " that looks can easily be deceiving . we are looking at pictures of a CUSTOM JOB , to move something from a custom job to an actual product is very very hard. I seriously doubt that the seller is going to cast and fuse each bumper one by one from two bumpers ( W210 & W211 ) for $400 ...sand and prep each one ... OR he can make a mold and mold several at a time ( lets say 5 or 10 batch ) , unless someone has the manufacturing capacity to make a mold that reproduce the same item time and time again with no variation ... it is very vary hard ... dont get me wrong , it is not hard to reproduce the item , it is hard to get the quality to be the same from one to another ... OK say you then sand and prep each one by one ...all that for $400 ??? I PERSONALLY would choose to buy two used bumpers here in the US and have a decent shop make them for me into one .. and pay even more , at least I get to go and see the progress and it is fit and fabricated for my own car ! There is a very good reason Brabus, Lorinser , and Carlsson charged so much for the bumpers.. not because the material cost that much , it is because they have the financial capacity to fabricate molds to replicate the parts to a level of consistency ...so they spend a lot on the molds .. and charge through the roof because at the time , very few people if any can compete...
Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Seriously, everybody like it but how we know its legit ?! $400 + shipping lets say total $700 which is not the craziest thing. I am about to purchase a set from here but not too sure yet, its $500 and I can get details from the vendor. Price aside, we need more info, how is the fitment, what kind of material, etc.........

Max, which one you think its better looking ? the one on my thread or this one ?
Originally Posted by maxwerks
What this Gentleman has done looks really nice .. but then again experience has taught me " the hard way " that looks can easily be deceiving . we are looking at pictures of a CUSTOM JOB , to move something from a custom job to an actual product is very very hard. I seriously doubt that the seller is going to cast and fuse each bumper one by one from two bumpers ( W210 & W211 ) for $400 ...sand and prep each one ... OR he can make a mold and mold several at a time ( lets say 5 or 10 batch ) , unless someone has the manufacturing capacity to make a mold that reproduce the same item time and time again with no variation ... it is very vary hard ... dont get me wrong , it is not hard to reproduce the item , it is hard to get the quality to be the same from one to another ... OK say you then sand and prep each one by one ...all that for $400 ??? I PERSONALLY would choose to buy two used bumpers here in the US and have a decent shop make them for me into one .. and pay even more , at least I get to go and see the progress and it is fit and fabricated for my own car ! There is a very good reason Brabus, Lorinser , and Carlsson charged so much for the bumpers.. not because the material cost that much , it is because they have the financial capacity to fabricate molds to replicate the parts to a level of consistency ...so they spend a lot on the molds .. and charge through the roof because at the time , very few people if any can compete...
Actually, I'm not coming here to earn money from memebers, but just want someone to present my product here to seeking any long terms business with body kits shops.
As many guys are interested at my modified W210 bumper, I can arrange production with prime cost only. It takes Usd 400 / pc ( Front Bumper ) and the shipping cost is at around Usd 1,000 per shipment by boat. For the bumper production lead time which is around 5 weeks and delivery need almost 1 month at sailing time to ETA US port. That means it needed at around 9 ~ 10 weeks to your side. For minimum it needed not less than 20 pcs per shipment, as I needed to ask factory to arrange not one by one by me. Hope you all can understand, this is not a business but a member favour. And of course, if you guys can group a shipment by a container ( Need around 50 ~ 60 pcs ), the shipping cost will much lower to at around Usd 200.00 per shipment.
Finally, I don't think it's workable if just a few members are interested. It should be selling by volume to ship with container to saving the extra shipping cost to allover US. So, hope anyone can help me to present my product that I can keep running on modification. That's what I hope to do. One more my modification on Honda FD 1.
New Look of my W210-honda-fd1.jpg
New Look of my W210-honda-fd1..jpg
Old 11-09-2011, 09:18 AM

1999 E430 Sedan
Jojovv - Maxwerks, CharlyE500 and others are sharing some really great wisdom here for you to consider. Your candor in responding is a good thing too, as they (along with myself) realize that you have some talent that is marketable, and your product pics reflect that.

Having been in the same situation as you are now (in a totally different industry) Max's comments on quality consistency are spot on, and in my opinion - THAT is where the hard work lies.

Have you looked into finding a distributor on the US West Coast that could rep your products? Where are you located (I'm presuming Asia somewhere like Hong Kong or China) ? Is it possible for you to "partner up" with another company to share the shipping costs?

Hang in there and don't give up on your products - you have some really cool things shown and with some hard work - you'll find the way to bring your products to market and make some serious $$$

Best of Luck to You !!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jojovv
Actually, I'm not coming here to earn money from memebers, but just want someone to present my product here to seeking any long terms business with body kits shops.
As many guys are interested at my modified W210 bumper, I can arrange production with prime cost only. It takes Usd 400 / pc ( Front Bumper ) and the shipping cost is at around Usd 1,000 per shipment by boat. For the bumper production lead time which is around 5 weeks and delivery need almost 1 month at sailing time to ETA US port. That means it needed at around 9 ~ 10 weeks to your side. For minimum it needed not less than 20 pcs per shipment, as I needed to ask factory to arrange not one by one by me. Hope you all can understand, this is not a business but a member favour. And of course, if you guys can group a shipment by a container ( Need around 50 ~ 60 pcs ), the shipping cost will much lower to at around Usd 200.00 per shipment.
Finally, I don't think it's workable if just a few members are interested. It should be selling by volume to ship with container to saving the extra shipping cost to allover US. So, hope anyone can help me to present my product that I can keep running on modification. That's what I hope to do. One more my modification on Honda FD 1.
Attachment 221889
Attachment 221890
You have to partner up with modification shop in the USA. There are few around here who sell bumper in my other thread. FYI, $1000 bumper shipping by boat ??? $1k you can ship by air. The whole container of 40" $3500 and 20" $3000 I have seen in the bumper shop how to stock their bumper so 20" container can fit at least 80 pzs therefore the real shipping cost with paperwork around $50 a pzs.
Lets say cost $450, a lot of people willing to pay $600 in this site.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 AM

W210
Dear All, thank you so much I can get so many advise here. That's why I love to trade with US. Actually, I stay in Hong Kong and shop in Hong Kong, I'm working here everday. Let me briefly to explain the modify procedure here. First of all, I needed to modify by hand work of the bumper in Hong Kong. Many times by cutting parts by parts and fitting step by step, generally it takes at lease 2 ~ 3 months to get a perfect fitting. Than I needed to polish by hands allover the bumper to make sure it is all in parallel and both curve line is balance and smooth enough for painting.That needs at least a month to complete in many times. And this is the what you guys can see in my picture. Of course, it needed to spend a lot of manpower and times, a lot of tools to complete even a short lines or curve, it's really uneasy and needed very careful craftsmanship to completed. As for production procedure, it seems much more easier than modication. I just send the modified bumper to factory in China and factory will arrange copy a modle for production ( The Modle needed around Usd 1,500 per set, lead time at around 1 month ), after finished it can produce the exactly same models for selling. That's why I needed a numbers of order to cover the modle costing.
Start from last month, I already sending over 100 e-mails to allover this world's body kits shop to present my modified product, but only get 1 reply from UK with interest. I start to doubtful of my work which is worthless, so I come to post my job in forum here to see if have any comments. Gladfully to hear many guys here are loving it here. Hope someone can present my job here to seeking for any business that can makes me to continue my job. I have no idea the market in US, UK or EU located or market requested. Hope someone can help me here to develop my product, somedays my BRAND.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I admire your passion and hard work. The bumper really look good and will sell for sure. But to start any business will take a lot of Financial, hardwork and RISK. In the USA, there are plenty of W210 from 97 to 2002 but they worth about $5K to $15K depending condition and model.
The value of W210 itself is not very high therefore I don't think a lot of people willing to upgrade their bumper for more than $1k. IMO, to sell 100 to 300 pzs in the USA won't be difficult but it has to price right. I recommend you to start with W212 molding using similar to E63 front bumper. A lot of more people are willing to spend money in the new body car. Good luck with your hard work and keep us update.

PS. If you decide to make for W210 under $1k, I will be your customer for sure.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:09 AM

W210
I'm not totally agree with Charly 500. Just using Usd 400 to buy a new look bumper I think it's really worthable. It's totally change the old look of the car, and it's also important as the car price is just for around Usd 5k ~ 10K. But W211 2 ~ 3 year's difference needed at lease Usd 20K ! Just buy a new light for W210 almost needed Usd 200 or for the car wax also needed at around Usd 200 per job. It's reasonable as I just sell it for Usd 400. Please consider.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jojovv
I'm not totally agree with Charly 500. Just using Usd 400 to buy a new look bumper I think it's really worthable. It's totally change the old look of the car, and it's also important as the car price is just for around Usd 5k ~ 10K. But W211 2 ~ 3 year's difference needed at lease Usd 20K ! Just buy a new light for W210 almost needed Usd 200 or for the car wax also needed at around Usd 200 per job. It's reasonable as I just sell it for Usd 400. Please consider.
$400 is FOB HK price. If you buy an update front bumper will cost about $550 + shipping around $600 landed your front door. $600 + installation + Good paint = $1K ! Its not only the price you pay for it, also have to consider other cost. And hope its not Fiber glass......
Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
1997 E420
The pre-facelift version that you've done looks very good, as the curve matches up better with the front of the W210 than the post-facelift version (I guess it's post facelift for both W210 (car it's on) AND W211 (parts you've used). The wide gap in the point of the nose looks funky the way you've filled it in. Actually, I don't think it's that you've done a bad job, it's just way too much space to try to fill in to bridge the gap between the facelift W211 part and the W210 grille. Maybe if you modded the grille used for this it would work better but I kind of think this type of bumper is going to be too extreme of a mod to pull off cleanly.

I *really* appreciate your posting about your experience though as I'm just about to embark on a similar project and have been pouring over photos of different bumpers that I might use. So far, I'm leaning towards grafting either a facelift W210 E55 bumper to use on a pre-facelift car, or else doing like I think you've done -- a pre-facelift W211 AMG bumper.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:00 AM

W210
Originally Posted by CA_Tallguy
The pre-facelift version that you've done looks very good, as the curve matches up better with the front of the W210 than the post-facelift version (I guess it's post facelift for both W210 (car it's on) AND W211 (parts you've used). The wide gap in the point of the nose looks funky the way you've filled it in. Actually, I don't think it's that you've done a bad job, it's just way too much space to try to fill in to bridge the gap between the facelift W211 part and the W210 grille. Maybe if you modded the grille used for this it would work better but I kind of think this type of bumper is going to be too extreme of a mod to pull off cleanly.

I *really* appreciate your posting about your experience though as I'm just about to embark on a similar project and have been pouring over photos of different bumpers that I might use. So far, I'm leaning towards grafting either a facelift W210 E55 bumper to use on a pre-facelift car, or else doing like I think you've done -- a pre-facelift W211 AMG bumper.

For hand modification, I only can arrange by FRP. For the unit price, I think if it can ordered by a certain number, I can try to catch the target, may be Usd 300.
Now I am modify a Lotus, the carbon hook and the front bumper. Think it will be completed within this month, will post the up-date picture once it was completed.
I think if here any brothes are interested to sit in our product to US ? I have a fully catalogue with over 15 vehicle brands of difference models body kits which is available. I think you guys here is much more easier to sale my kits for body shop which located in US. Hope anyone have interested of it.
New Look of my W210-lotus.jpg
New Look of my W210-lotus-3-.jpg
New Look of my W210-lotus-4-.jpg
New Look of my W210-lotus-11-.jpg
Old 12-18-2011, 06:12 PM

1999 CLK430, 2012 E350, 2012 ML350
Looks really good.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM

Mercedes Benz E320
It looks really good surprisingly, but love mine just as is.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 PM

e290td 1996
car looks great. where is that bumperkit instructionvideo?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 AM

W210
Hi ! All, are someone are interested to sell our products in ca here ? We can quoted with a more cheaper price compare in your country.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 AM

e 320 1998
AMG Body kit

I am very impressed with the final outcome. I have thought of this idea for some time now, but it is very difficult to find owners of body shops to be thinking outside of the box. I would be interested to buy one for my E Class