E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

W210 Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 AMG
2002 W210 with Bose system

Followed the guide and installed the 62.9 infinity Kappas (2 ohm with True 4-Ohm Topology?) in the front and the reference (3 - ohm) in the rear doors due to the Kappa not being made in 3.5" size. I should have taken the time to fit a mount for the 5.25" Kappa in the rear but didn't want to create more work, most likely would have been worth it but the 3.5" reference are clearer than the previous, may not be a loud however being 3 ohm.

Before the install i couldn't handle the music being turned to max volume.
After the install I can easily listen at max volume and it is as loud as I want, although the rear deck stock speakers are very loud and rattle the body on some songs. I am planning on adjusting the fade on the headunit so the rear deck will receive less power.

The 3.5" reference fit right on to the existing speaker plugs, one of the blue & red size leads.
For the front door i used the wire cutter to snip the stock speaker adapter female portion off leaving the crimped remains on the wire which fit great in to the kappa screw down speaker adapters.Remember the smaller size adapter is negative and the larger is positive, should be a red line in the wire as well as a + on the bose speaker.

For speaker grills i reused the back door grill by cutting off a portion to allow the tweeter to pass through. The Front doors I did not use any speaker grill and fitted the kappa on and zip tied the adapter onto another zip tie holding the wires. Also on the front door speakers there is a small plastic support for the speaker that i needed to file down so the kappa's mount holes would match up, I could have just cut it off completely and saved some time but maybe it serves a purpose.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:40 AM

N/A
Hello, I bought a W210 E220 2001 Elegance from Germany. My previous car (W204) had Harman Kardon speakers and I was loving its sound system. But right now I miss the quality of Harman in my current W210. It even does not have Bose system, it has only stock speakers and it is terrible for me. I would like upgrade them, what do you suggest guys? Should I buy used set of Bose or smth new such as Infinity?

Regards
Old 10-24-2017, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
I'd go with a decent aftermarket setup. It'd probably sound better than the OEM HK or Bose setups in the newer cars.

I hate the way the stereo sounds in my 210 (Alpine deck, I think everything else is stock) and don't think the HK one in my 211 is that great either.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:05 AM

N/A
Question

Originally Posted by Strigoi
I'd go with a decent aftermarket setup. It'd probably sound better than the OEM HK or Bose setups in the newer cars.

I hate the way the stereo sounds in my 210 (Alpine deck, I think everything else is stock) and don't think the HK one in my 211 is that great either.
Thanks for your reply bro. So which aftermarket speakers do you suggest for my W210? Actually I do not have a lot of knowledge about these brands and their technical functions. I will just buy suitable stuff and give them to my master for installation. I do not know the sizes of the speakers as well..
Old 10-27-2017, 03:46 PM

E320
I like the Bose System in my 97 W210

I would go for a Stock Bose used system if yo ucan find it. I added upgraded head unit and amplifier. The Bose speakers sound GOOD
Old 01-03-2018, 02:56 PM

MB E300 W210
Hello everyone, first of all I am new to this forum and i am not a native English speaker, which is a little bit harder to understand everything, but no problem, second it is my first time trying to change speakers, So i own MB E300 96 W210.
So what I've done, I ordered Pioneer TS-E171Ci for front doors and Pioneer TS-E131ci for rear doors (both 4 ohms).
So what I've read is that my car has already built-in amplifier, right.. So what I was planning on doing is buying amplifier, connecting rear door speakers to that amplifier, and front and rear deck speakers straight to car radio.
So my question is - will my cars wiring will be good enough for those speakers and that kind of setup and what do I do with that built-in amplifier?
Old 04-04-2021, 03:30 PM

1998 e430
Speaker size

Originally Posted by E320Nova00
I replaced all the speakers in my 00 w210 and it breaks down like this
all speakers are 2 ohms
dash speakers- for phone option...not hooked up to amp/stereo
the upper door "speakers" in the sail panels that you referred are not there in a Bose system. (why they made the sail panel look like that....no idea, don't care, sweet place to put new component tweeters
front door: 6.5 inch mid range woofer with a component tweeter mounted on a plastic cover over woofer
rear door: 3.5 inch midrange speaker
rear deck: 6.5 inch Bose "subwoofer"
also a bit*h to get to...love how they give it speed clips

As for me, I replaced all the door speakers with 2ohm infinity's (one of the few company's that make 2ohm and cheap..) Drop in replacement for the most part. some trimming of the protective grills needed, but a 1.5 out of 5 difficulty. Sounds much better for equal or less than factory.
the rear door can hold up to 5+ inch, depending on your time/fabrication skills, but the stock amp has a bass blocker wired into it (round 120 hertz im guessing) so IMO not worth it if keeping stock amp unless you REALLY like the solos.

hope this helps and feel free to pm with any questions
Is that for 1998 e430 as well ? Speaker size