E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Chrome Headlight Rings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally posted by Whitey
Well, I trust you're going to keep the front and back tinting similar, if not the same. I can't stand cars with imbalanced tinting, its like you've got the fronts wound down.
Well, you are lucky that you can even put anything on your front 2 roll downs. In Cali. you can't even use clear film on your front windows if you wanted. If the po-po catches you with any tint on the front windows, you get a ticket and you must remove it and pay to clear the ticket. Therefore, common tinting in Cali. is 35-50% on the 2 fronts and 20-35% on the rears. The slight difference between the 2 blends nicely and still gives you that bit of contrast so you don't get sweated by the po-po...
Old 07-03-2003, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
You're lucky if you can put any tinting on at all!

Hey Jimmy, what's taking your front bumper so long? Mine's only taking 3 days to order, paint, install the entire kit + the pipes - will get it back this Saturday. Are you doin' other stuff as well? Can't wait to see your car in its entirety.....

Jimmy: What do you think of Hagus/(BMW) M-style side mirrors on the E-classes? Saw a set today on an AMG stationwagon - having mixed feelings about it....
Old 07-03-2003, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally posted by Whitey
You're lucky if you can put any tinting on at all!

Hey Jimmy, what's taking your front bumper so long? Mine's only taking 3 days to order, paint, install the entire kit + the pipes - will get it back this Saturday. Are you doin' other stuff as well? Can't wait to see your car in its entirety.....

Jimmy: What do you think of Hagus/(BMW) M-style side mirrors on the E-classes? Saw a set today on an AMG stationwagon - having mixed feelings about it....
There is a delay because one of the guys at the shop next door manufactures custom bumpers and is paying me to use my bumper to come up with a new custom style for the W210's. As soon as he is done with it I will have it painted. Hopefully he comes up with something cool that I will be able to offer everyone!

If the M-style mirrors you are referring to are the ones with the hole in the middle of the mounting, the aerostyle ones, I am not crazy about those at all. I personally don't think they go with the W210 at all. I like the MY00+ blinker mirrors that I have on mine and that's about it. Everything else I have seen is a bit too aftermarket or cheap looking to me. That's just my opinion though...
Old 07-03-2003, 11:32 PM

Location: Long Island, NY / Mississauga, Ontario / Changhua, Taiwan
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550V4
Oh yeah that's right, cali issues fix-it tickets, right? Stuff like not having a front license plate, burnt out bulb, etc etc. on my other car I actually have 35% in the back 3, and 50% on the front two, I actually think the contrast looks nice....
Old 07-04-2003, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Yeah, know what you mean about the aftermarket appearance. Also, unless those aero-mirrors are large enough, they could look small for the car's proportions too. There's many here, some with blinkers. Did another mock up on a pic of my car and frankly it doesn't seem to blend with the car's lines (don't worry, wont post it this time!) May just stick with the MY00+ type when I get to it.

There's a danger of basing any designs on your bumper - there's already the Wald, Auto Coulture and Fabulous ones that look very similar. Hope your guy comes up with something original. Good luck!

Can't you guys put smaller plates in the front? We're stuck with standard fonts and font sizes so basically, the plates have to be the same in the front for all cars i.e. BIG (even on Ferraris and Lambos)
Old 07-04-2003, 11:07 AM

Location: Long Island, NY / Mississauga, Ontario / Changhua, Taiwan
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550V4
unfortunately it's the same here as well; same plate size and font, etc. I used to have only a rear plate on the car when I was in Massachusetts, but now that the car is registered here in NY I can't get away with that anymore....
Old 07-04-2003, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Update:

Guys, I managed to find a steering wheel with black eagleeye maple inserts! They even have the leather in light grey to match my car's interior. Its made by Schatz and costs HK$5,000 installed (approx. US$640).

I also found some metal AMG stickers that would fit over the original logos behind the front fender. Very pleased, can't wait to pick up my car tommorrow............