E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Question about getting to and changing tweeters.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 clk320
Question about getting to and changing tweeters.

Ok so I want to get to my tweeters in the front doors of my 1998 E320. Im wondering If I have to remove the entire door panel or if there is a way to just pop the cover off like in the CLK's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A DIY video would be awesome as well. Thanks guys!!

I just had a new head unit and front door speakers installed on monday because my driver side speaker was blown and the stock head unit was all sorts of messed up and would not let me turn the volume up or down. Now that I can actualy play my music at a level where I can hear it I am getting all kinds of bad sounds coming from the (what I think to be) tweeters that are located next to the side view mirrors on the door. What I wanted to do was get in there and unplug them so they dont make such ugly sound and then replace them when I get a little extra cash. Am I right in assuming that there are tweeters in this location?

FYI the head unit and speakers are as follow.

Head unit: Alpine CDE-133BT
Speakers: Alpine SPS-610C Component 2-way 240 watts peak 80 watts RMS

So the stock amp has been bypassed and the amp in the head unit is being used. With that in mind will it be ok to just plug some new tweeters in when I get them?

Also I want to eventualy get some speakers for the rear deck. can I just plug them in or will I need to get a new amp? Is there DIY video for getting to the rear speakers?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!