E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Lowering the car with H&R cupkit...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Lowering the car with H&R cupkit...

I'm about to lower my car with the H&R cupkit....I was wondering if i can just put the springs on and not add aftermarket shocks...I know this is recommended but is it required? What will the diff be if i do not add them.

thanks
Old 07-02-2003, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
How far will it lower your car?

Last edited by Whitey; 07-02-2003 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:04 AM

2-2.6 inches
Old 07-02-2003, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
The H&R Cup Kit is exactly that, a kit that contains shocks and springs that go together to achieve a specific type of handling. Why would you want to only install the springs and not the shocks? The shocks are the most crucial part of the kit that make the suspension worth upgrading. The stock shocks are longer so you won't get the full range of travel when you lower you car, therefore, causing your suspension to suffer over time. This is just my $0.02 because I love the ride of my Benz with the H&R SP Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks combo...
Old 07-02-2003, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by jimmydagreek
The H&R Cup Kit is exactly that, a kit that contains shocks and springs that go together to achieve a specific type of handling. Why would you want to only install the springs and not the shocks? The shocks are the most crucial part of the kit that make the suspension worth upgrading. The stock shocks are longer so you won't get the full range of travel when you lower you car, therefore, causing your suspension to suffer over time. This is just my $0.02 because I love the ride of my Benz with the H&R SP Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks combo...
Well im buying the springs used from a member on the board....Hes not selling the shocks....What shocks would be good with these springs and could you point me in a good direction on where to buy them.
thanks
Old 07-02-2003, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Well, I have Bilstein Sport springs on my E and love the ride. There are lots of deals out there on the internet on springs and shocks for our cars so you should shop around on-line. With all of the work that you have already done on your ride, I would go all the way and do the shocks and springs if I were you. Do you really want to go that low on your car? My suspension combo dropped my car around 1.4" and I have #3 pads in the front and #1 pads in the rear but I need to go a bit lower in the front for a bit more agressive look.

Try asking Luke from Tirerack for some pricing on these components in the Wheels & Suspension forum. I bought mine through a member on this forum as well so I couldn't really tell you a good source to go to. I am sure someone will read this and recommend a good shop or something, hopefully near you!

Good luck and have fun with the upgrades. Your interior is tight and can't wait to see the rest once you've finished it...