E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

P0600 & keeps blowing fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 4-Matic
P0600 & keeps blowing fuse

I have a 2001 E320 4-matic. Without warning it went into the limp mode. Wife continued to drive it home up mtn. Wife stated it had msgs “ELEC STABILITY PROG ESP &BAS” also lgts BAS & ESP. Ran Ok but no pwr. Now car won’t start / turn over. No click, lights stay bright, car in park, checked bat, IT IS GOOD. Innova 3160B tool hits P0130, P0150 (o2 sense L&R precat) Hitting for 3 months. Noticed when I bought tool. P0300, P0303 (Random misfire, Cyl #3) Started hitting 1K ago with plug change. Changing wire position makes it go away. Note wires and sensors (and brake switch) on order. Last msg the bad one! P0600 (serial communication link). Cleared msges, Bat disconnect / global reset no joy! Intend to check fuses and clean computer connections. .

Problems continues! Found blown fuse in F23/1 computer module box fuse# F3 (Start control circuit?) Replaced and the car started and ran smoothly. I revved it in place to about 2500 RPM but did not drive it so I really couldn't tell for sure if it was in limp mode or not. The thing had lots of messages. Cluster screen showed ELEC. STABIL.PROG. ESP VISIT WORKSHOP. second page said ABS abs symbol VISIT WORKSHOP. ALL led's on cluster (drive and outside temp operating normally. Amber warning lights "abs symbol" & BAS ESP illuminated. no other lights or abnormalities. Turned off car and would NOT restart. Checked fuse above and blown again. Code reader hits P0600 SERIAL COMMUNICATION LINK again. No other messages. Note, I also replaced the brake pedal switch before I started it. Any thoughts? Intend to pick up a new starter relay tomorrow just in case it is sticking.

As an aside, the radio reset code did not take.Entered correct code, then button below OK and no joy

Old 05-24-2012, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 4-Matic
Found it! Good and bad news. The good news is I found the problem. The bad news is it is the transmission computer. It seems the connector on the xmission is leaking and the fluid managed to wick itself up the wire harness and fill the computer with fluid. I am going to dry out the computer with contact cleaner and maybe I'll get lucky. I'll also have to figure out a way to change out the sealed transmission connecter. Anybody have a spare A 027 545 0332 they are interested in parting with?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Originally Posted by airtime
Found it! Good and bad news. The good news is I found the problem. The bad news is it is the transmission computer. It seems the connector on the xmission is leaking and the fluid managed to wick itself up the wire harness and fill the computer with fluid. I am going to dry out the computer with contact cleaner and maybe I'll get lucky. I'll also have to figure out a way to change out the sealed transmission connecter. Anybody have a spare A 027 545 0332 they are interested in parting with?
This should help you.

2035400253 Transmission Electrical Connection Spacer
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...on-spacer.html

roy@peachparts.com