E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e320
need advice

Hello i have Mercedes e320 year 2000. It's got some miles around 190k. I'm getting crazy electrical issues. It seems like the passenger side everything seems to be acting up. Starting with the headlight, i have hid lights, but the low bean is dimmer than other side. Being hid out looks purpleish instead of bright blue. The auto widows for that side have quit working but if i don't use auto they work. Sun roof works most times but once in a while closes like 2in and stops, i can keep pushing it until closed. The dome light works on driver side not on passenger side. The taillights work but passenger side is dimmer. Sometimes to the point that it looks like the bulb all the way over is out. My temp and rpm gauge when 1st turned on or off will stay down and bounce for 2sec then go back to normal. And there is a slight noise that goes intune with the gauges, stops when the gauges work again. The car gets thrown into limp mode often. If i shut the car off it goes back too driving normal. There was one time it didn't go back and i took it to a transmission shop. The input shaft spFeed sensor code came up. They said they could not communicate with a live feed from the car. They found a bad wire in the Trans harness and replaced that and they found a blown fuse. After that was done no codes came back up and seemed ok. But yet it does it still. All of these issues have just happened outta no where. The car was running fine with no problems with any electrical. I have put a new battery and taillights in the last few days. With the new battery i don't go into limp mode as often. Maybe once a day before it would be about 4 times a day. I have checked all 3 fuse panels and they are good. Where should i go from here?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:45 AM

'99 E430, '05 ML500, '15 GLK350
Start with replacing the regulator/brush assembly on the alternator. It's a wear part.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 AM

2000 e320
Today I'm going to check the grounds... I know there's one in the back and 2 under the hood. Anywhere else I should check?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 PM

2000 e320
So i got the windows all working fine. The taillight was corroded so i just cleaned it up and it works fine. But my headlight is still dim and limp mode has happened 2x. I'm getting a Trans filter and fluid changed maybe that will stop limp mode issue? I've noticed that when i have my amps disconnected it doesn't happen as often, but it has gone in limp mode a few times without. Maybe electrical short somewhere causing problem? Brought on more by amps sucking up power?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09' E320
Key on, press and hold REST on the CCU for 5 secs, then use the AUTO buttons to toggle to screen 24 to observe batt voltage before you start the car in the morning. Ought to be 13ish. Observe voltage while driving. Ought to be 13-13.5V.