E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Return diesel line from injector leaking.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return diesel line from injector leaking.

on my 1999 e300TD 130k miles I've noticed that the pipe that connects the last injector back to the fuel filter is leaking where it connects to the injector and theres a bit of a puddle down in the injector well. Theres also a few air bubbles in the pipe which just seem to dot back and forth when the car is running.

Is the air bubbles normal and what specification of pipe should I be after to replace the leaky bit?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,042 Likes on 965 Posts
1999 E300TD
Appreciate your issue, however you and others wll be best served if you post your concern in the forums "Diesel section"

I am also somewhat confused with you description of the issue, as there are no plastic input lines to the engine injectors, however there are the non metal injector overflow lines that return fuel to the tank ---the lines from the pump to the engine injectors are metal and high pressure.-------what is leaking and where

All the clear plastic lines between the side of the pump and filter and fuel heater
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh, I thought I had the correct forum. If an administrator is able to put this thread into the diesel forum I would be grateful.

I see the metal lines that run from the pump; the leaky line is indeed one of the non metal ones. Theres a braided hose going from each injector then a plastic hose going from the injector closest to the front of the engine back to the fuel filter. It's this last plastic one that's leaking. Return line I guess. I'm thinking maybe its a botch job given all the others are braided much higher quality material.

I'll post a picture tonight and then hopefully I can get an idea to what replacement part I should get.