E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Hi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 Mercedes Benz E320
Hi

Hello,my name is Tiffany. I have a 1996 Mercedes Benz E320, and I could really use some advice on why my car will turn over but won't start. I bought this car used and I've had it for almost 2 yrs now with no starting problems, except my battery dying here and there from leaving lights on sometimes. I drove my car the whole day, and I went to use it in the evening and it started, I put it in reverse and it shut off, and I couldn't get it started again. I thought it might have need it gas, so I added gas to it, no start, I had my fuses checked, had my batter jumped and recharged and still no start, I had someone spray I believe what is the carborater to see if it was the fuel pump and no start, I changed the ignition coils and spark plugs and it won't start at first, so the mechanic who installed them tried some kind of test where I guess you put the old spark plug in a wire and touch the coils or other wires, I'm not to sure exactly what he touched but it started for a few seconds and shut off again, and in red in the instrument cluster it said battery charge, So I had the battery taken out again and recharged and put back in a it started for a few seconds again and shut off. Also after this situation started and the car would be sitting for days, I would go to get it worked on again and the battery would be completely dead and the confuses me being that the car isn't being used at all, besides us testing it and starting it in between days at a time, I could really use some advice if anyone has any ideas on what I should do next, I will greatly appreciate it. Oh and the pressure for fuel was also checked too, and it seems fine.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi

You want the W210 forum...this is for the W124 chassis E-class cars from 86-95'.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
get your battery tested, it's probably done and you may just need a new one. also, wrong section