E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Anyone else notice...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003 | 09:32 PM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Anyone else notice...

I am about to put my car on eBay and I was looking at other cars for sale on ebay and noticed that when they take pictures of the car it's inside and never outside. They do this because it shines way more inside cause of the shadows and makes it look more shinny. Do you think this is a little on the misleading side? I was thinking about taking my car to a parking garage and snaping the pictures right after I wax it. The freaking car will look brand new due to the shadows.

What do you think of this? Sounds kinda misleading but just kinda gets me mad when everyone else does this and when i take pictures of it in the sun it just looks like a normal waxed car.

p.s....$14,500 is a good price correct? I see some 97 E420's going from 13,500 with 175k miles and 14k-15k with 90k miles to 120k miles. My car has 105k miles.

Last edited by Benz; 11-22-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2003 | 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C300
Give the car a good coat of wax. You can avoid shadows by going in a parking garage. Just wait until there is an overcast of clouds so you have lots of light but little shadows. Don't get your reflection of shadow in the picture.

What else do you have to sell off the car before you put it on ebay?
Old 11-23-2003 | 12:10 AM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
Originally posted by E-Klasse
Give the car a good coat of wax. You can avoid shadows by going in a parking garage. Just wait until there is an overcast of clouds so you have lots of light but little shadows. Don't get your reflection of shadow in the picture.

What else do you have to sell off the car before you put it on ebay?
I'm going to try and sell it the way it is before I part anymore out. I have not had many people interested in the stuff I have to offer I have had a few emails on some stuff but they were all low *****. People think cause im selling the car i will sell it dirt cheap which they are way wrong about that. If my car does not sell with the mods im going to part everything out on eBay.

thanks for the overcast idea. I plan on doing this Wednesday.

I really need to sell this thing soon....i have a good feeling about it selling on eBay..(keep fingures crossed)
Old 11-23-2003 | 01:00 PM

an import
Inside Outside. Do what you have to do to sell the car. As long as you don't misrepresent what you have, it's all good.

You don't want to be too honest thou..... you ARE trying to get rid of the car.
Old 11-23-2003 | 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Some of the pics. that I have noticed on the inside, like in a warehouse have overhead lights illuminating the area evenly. I think that causes for better pics. Also, just try to include every possible corner of the car so to show the cleanliness of the body and then the interior with emphasis to the driver's seat, steering wheel, etc...I have sold a couple of cars and about to seel one more for a friend of mine on ebay and have had much success. Make sure to take a lot of pics. Even if you don't post them all, you will get e-mails from people requesting pics. of specific parts of the car and it's nice to have them on hand to e-mail. Good luck on the sale bro...