E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

City Lights to Match White Headlamps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2003 | 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
City Lights to Match White Headlamps!!!!!!!!!!!!

The search continues for a city light that matches the white headlamps........

I have been told that Philips makes a parking/city light bulb for our rides that is very white. Can anyone please tell us what they are called? But I was also told they're very pricey - almost US$50/pr (if they can be found)!

I got myself some LEDs with a base that fits the halo city light fitment (US$4). Although not pure white, it emits a nice purplish color that will match HID's very nicely. However, since the LED's power consumption is much less than the halos, the faulty bulb warning keeps popping up. I have been told something about putting in a resistor but can anyone please tell me exactly how I can solve the problem?

Many thanx!
Old 12-07-2003 | 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Re: City Lights to Match White Headlamps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Whitey
The search continues for a city light that matches the white headlamps........

I have been told that Philips makes a parking/city light bulb for our rides that is very white. Can anyone please tell us what they are called? But I was also told they're very pricey - almost US$50/pr (if they can be found)!

I got myself some LEDs with a base that fits the halo city light fitment (US$4). Although not pure white, it emits a nice purplish color that will match HID's very nicely. However, since the LED's power consumption is much less than the halos, the faulty bulb warning keeps popping up. I have been told something about putting in a resistor but can anyone please tell me exactly how I can solve the problem?

Many thanx!
I've tried an amber LED and installed a resistor to now avail myself. I've given up and reinstalled the halogen H6's.

No faulty bulb indication!
Old 12-07-2003 | 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Mich, are u saying the resistor thing doesn't work at all or does it cause the faulty signal to only pop up on occassions? Could it be because the wrong resistor was used? What were the specs of the resistor u used?

Why would you want an amber LED anyway? IMO, a regular Halo is already quite amber:p That's why I use a "whitened" halo instead.

BTW, in case you didn't read my post, I found you the yellow/amber H1's but you might be able to find them at home. Let me know if you can't tho'.

Anyway, those LED's are really tight and I really want to resolve this problem.......