E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

E290TD tempomat installation (is it possible?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 250CDI
Some good news:

I received the Rostrs cruise control kit; and I have installed the actuator. (the mechanical installation is complete..)
The wiring is partially done, since so far I just brought the entire harness from the actuator plus some extra wires inside the stock fuse.

The brake pedal wires were extended inside the fuse box (both hot ancd cold side), and I brought both the "green-black" speed signal wire of the radio (from the stock radio connector..) and one of the ABS sensor cables (from the front left wheel) inside the fuse box (so they are already there once I find out wich one is better).
I didn't connect yet the original tempomat switch because since I want to use the stock stalk and i'm not 100% sure about the Rostra switch wiring, I want to wait until I get a "rostra" stalk in order to make sure the wiring is the same.

Now the big question: the actuator unit need a valid VSS signal, so where can I take the REAL VSS signal on the W210? and how many pulse per km (PPK) of Pulse per mile (PPM) has? what's the wave tipe? sine or square?

Cheers
Daniele

Last edited by meloni; 10-19-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 250CDI

I also got this scheme from a gentleman who used the Rostra unit on a motorbike; but he made a preatty straight forward wiring with colors, so it'll be easyer for me to check that.

But I still have no idea about the VSS signal type... any idea?