E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

4matic – feels like the front wheels is falling off when braking or letting ......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SL55AMG + SL600 + E320 + A180
4matic – feels like the front wheels is falling off when braking or letting ......

4matic – feels like the front wheels is falling off when braking or letting the food off the gas pedal

Today I had a scary experience while driving to work. Downhill on the highway my car from 1999 started to shake very violently (red. front wheels). I took the gas off and the shaking become worse …. hitting the brake easy and came to a hold on the side. I check each front wheel – they are firm and no loose bolts. Started to drive again – engine working fine – drove it hard – turning the wheel hard from side to side – nothing is wrong. Again at high speed going downhill it feels like the right front wheel is pulling in twitches when the car is not “pulling” and when I let the food of the gas pedal it’s twitching again – a very bad feeling since it feels like the whole wheel will come off.

I have a suspicion it’s something whit the drive train out to the wheels ….. anyone experience something like this?

When turning off for something to eat some not so laudable crushing sounds came from the front. After filling gas put the car in revers and up and down through the gears – then out on the highway again and now the car behaved mush easier and not so sensitive – now it only twitches with the front wheels when I take the gas off and brakes sincerely ……