E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

How do body kits attach?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDI
How do body kits attach?

Thinking of getting one of those knock off wald kits off ebay because i have a buddy in town right now that could do the paint for me for cheap. If it is something that will go on easy and could be taken back to stock easily i just might go for it and start modding the E. Anyone have any experiance with this sort of thing. They mention something about adjustment of 10mm so i am assuming there is some sort of fastener. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Old 03-06-2004, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Re: How do body kits attach?

Originally posted by SpeedLimits?
Thinking of getting one of those knock off wald kits off ebay because i have a buddy in town right now that could do the paint for me for cheap. If it is something that will go on easy and could be taken back to stock easily i just might go for it and start modding the E. Anyone have any experiance with this sort of thing. They mention something about adjustment of 10mm so i am assuming there is some sort of fastener. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
well, i can tell you for a fact that replica body kits are NOT something that will go on easy and could be taken off easily. Since they are replica, they don't use the factory bolts and clips. Most of the time they have to be rivetted on. If you want more specifics, just PM or e-mail me.

AL
Old 03-08-2004, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Re: Re: How do body kits attach?

Originally posted by clkal
well, i can tell you for a fact that replica body kits are NOT something that will go on easy and could be taken off easily. Since they are replica, they don't use the factory bolts and clips. Most of the time they have to be rivetted on. If you want more specifics, just PM or e-mail me.

AL
Rivets and double stick tape are popular with the aftermarket kits that I've seen installed. Depending on who makes the body kit, they should be able to provide you with the specs. on the mounting and install. Good luck...